Saw video thread

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still need to do some more tuning and fix a couple of things on it, weak clutch and I tried an aftermarket intake boot ring, couldn't get it to seal so I'm running without one until the OEM one comes in. Also the the exhaust is roasting my fingers so I've got to do something about that.

Last edited:

Crocky28

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still need to do some more tuning and fix a couple of things on it, weak clutch and I tried an aftermarket intake boot ring, couldn't get it to seal so I'm running without one until the OEM one comes in. Also the the exhaust is roasting my fingers so I've got to do something about that.

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Impressive pulling a bar that long!

Everyone complains about the Stihl oilers, but I find that if I keep my chains sharp, I don't have any problems with them, even when milling.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chain sharpness has nothing to do with the oiling Mike. They all seem to need the oil pump mod or HO oiler when you get to 28" and over.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Impressive pulling a bar that long!

Everyone complains about the Stihl oilers, but I find that if I keep my chains sharp, I don't have any problems with them, even when milling.
Thanks, I guess it's enough oil but I'd like a little more, sooner or later I'm going to do an oiler mod to it.

LouCi4er

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The oiler only puts out so much. Sharp chain or not sharp chain, only way to get more oil to the bar is to mod oil pump or get HO oiler.

Finner chips and dust absorb more oil and gives you the impression of oil lack.Big chips do not absorb much oil so all the oil will stay on the bar and chain.

jcf86mod

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excessive heat can kill an engine or a bar.

The hotter it gets, the more oil it takes to protect it. (Heat thins oil)

A dull chain will generate far more heat.

I can't believe it's 2022 and we're having a conversation about the pros and cons of a sharp vs dull chain