jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
12:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He called it a USA wrap. Don’t know if the maker is called USA? Or if it means it was made in USA or what

It's a madsens.

Yeah, that's what Madsens' called them (USA Brand) when they were in the catalog. The guy that made them was local to Madsen's shop in Centralia, but eventually had to quit making them because his health got bad. That was quite a few years ago - Maybe 2011. I got the last two 440/460 handles and the last 660 handle they had in stock.

I quite like them - I ran those on my 044/046s for years.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ahh looks nice. I figured it was probably something that was unobtanium. Would look nice on my 460.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, that's what Madsens' called them (USA Brand) when they were in the catalog. The guy that made them was local to Madsen's shop in Centralia, but eventually had to quit making them because his health got bad. That was quite a few years ago - Maybe 2011. I got the last two 440/460 handles and the last 660 handle they had in stock.

I quite like them - I ran those on my 044/046s for years.

I like the pattern, they certainly look stout. How's the grip on them, soft but durable?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the pattern, they certainly look stout. How's the grip on them, soft but durable?

The grip is nice - It's a softer material than OEM Stihl or Husqvarna handles and doesn't last as long but it's easier on a guy's hands.

These were a hot seller back in the day - the guy made these handles for many different models - mainly Stihls and the older Huskies.

Madsens was regularly sold out - I just happened to have good timing when they had gotten the last batch in.

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The grip is nice - It's a softer material than OEM Stihl or Husqvarna handles and doesn't last as long but it's easier on a guy's hands.

These were a hot seller back in the day - the guy made these handles for many different models - mainly Stihls and the older Huskies.

Madsens was regularly sold out - I just happened to have good timing when they had gotten the last batch in.

My 064 had one on it when i bought it. I definitely wish they still made them. I really like it alot. Definitely easier on the hands.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gave me dads saw a bit of a run when I dropped it out to him cut a bit of Stringy firewood we are in the middle of a cold snap here got the fire cranking..
Seems to be running OK for a 661 it's 100% stock if I could tune it I'd crank the H in a smidgen.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not just a hoss, that sounds like one of the most badass 120cc saws around...

Makes that 500i seem like a tricycle...
Had to edit out the first cut.
Customer didn’t send the dogs. It pulled me into the log hard enough where I lost my balance trying to keep from hitting the case. Safety PoPo woulda razzed me for certain. :D
That chain is sweet right now

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
2:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had to edit out the first cut.
Customer didn’t send the dogs. It pulled me into the log hard enough where I lost my balance trying to keep from hitting the case. Safety PoPo woulda razzed me for certain. :D
That chain is sweet right now

No cut outs; I am disappointed...