Saw video thread

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is kinda what I shoot for on my round hand filed full chisel chain. 25* top plate angle 10* tilt (guesstimate with my elbow tilted down lol). I set rakers to the saws power by hand a few swipes at a time. View attachment 294011 Most of the time I file my saw out in the woods on my tailgate. Works for me. YMMV.
I imagine you do some bore cutting? So I would think you would only adjust the depth gauges as far as is practical to still bore cut well rather than go all the way with what the saw has power to pull. I match mine to the saws power, but don't expect to bore cut with those chains.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
3:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I imagine you do some bore cutting? So I would think you would only adjust the depth gauges as far as is practical to still bore cut well rather than go all the way with what the saw has power to pull. I match mine to the saws power, but don't expect to bore cut with those chains.
Yup I should have been more specific. I setup the saw so it still bore cuts smoothly. You can still match it to the power of the saw. There is just a fine line between too aggressive and just enough bite.

Last edited:

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
2:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is a good point too. Glad you mentioned it.