Saw video thread

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
5:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing amazing, just like a kid at Christmas with new to me woods ported 3120. Got some fun bars n chains with it to try.
I like that bar. What is that 42”? Oregon Lightweight? I need something like that for my 394. Nice saw too!

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
3:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like that bar. What is that 42”? Oregon Lightweight? I need something like that for my 394. Nice saw too!
Love the bar. 36” LW. I don’t think anyone makes a 42” LW, but I have a thread around here somewhere about making some if I’d get a round tuit.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
3:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It pulls nice. That wood he’s cutting is harder than hammered cat *s-word
Yes. The 2166 was running pretty good but the 3120 beat it by 10 seconds. Anxious to try .404.

it mowed through some fresher athel pine pretty fast, I will get some vid of faster chains and wood in the next few days I hope, maybe not til next weekend Sat AM. It’s 100 in the afternoons now, bleh...I could cut early before work and see what the girls think about 2smoke cologne I guess...

I was running it in that pine for tuning. It has adjustable H jet.

Love that feeling when you can drop that heavy power head down, set the dogs, and lever the bar down through the wood easily. Smooth too, even with skip. I think cuz it’s heavy. The 2166 was a little hungry and jerky.

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. The 2166 was running pretty good but the 3120 beat it by 10 seconds. Anxious to try .404.

it mowed through some fresher athel pine pretty fast, I will get some vid of faster chains and wood in the next few days I hope, maybe not til next weekend Sat AM. It’s 100 in the afternoons now, bleh...I could cut early before work and see what the girls think about 2smoke cologne I guess...

I was running it in that pine for tuning. It has adjustable H jet.

Love that feeling when you can drop that heavy power head down, set the dogs, and lever the bar down through the wood easily. Smooth too, even with skip. I think cuz it’s heavy. The 2166 was a little hungry and jerky.
I know the 100 degrees all to well. Not fun. Hope to see some more videos. Think it can help us not waste more money then we have to seeing what certain setups are capable of.

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
3120xp salvage job. This saw had hung a ring in the exhaust port. Fortunately I was able to save the cylinder with some lathe work and porting.
I fattened up the H side tune a touch more after video.
Nice save on that one!

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This chain is definitely an improvement maybe not perfect yet but it’s not burning a lot of fuel and it’s cutting a lot smoother. I built this saw to be a work saw that I plan on using a lot of. It’s not ported super aggressive. It will pull longer bars easy and I can use it on things like this uprooted big pine I deal with a lot.