drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
10:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
500i looks pretty crazy Kev. Guess I’ll be needing one. “Need”-funny isn’t it?

I can see how the FI is adding torque to a saw.
Finally had some run time on the Mopar 500i.

The saw is like nothing I have personally run before. Beside the excellent port job, the saw reacts differently than a carbed saw-AT or manual tune.

The FI has no lag in fuel delivery like a carbed saw does. The result is a brutal torque curve. The saw would pop-out of a cut for me almost half a bar at times, and it was running a 32 with an 8 pin. I guess you could say that it’s the chain, but I’ve done a lot of cutting and this is the first saws that’s ever happened with.

Guess I will be needing one.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read an article about a fellow putting FI on a slant six motor and a turbo , it was insane. The tuner said that with the correct computer map he could fuel inject any motor and had a push mower in his garage to prove it.
At the time I thought well it wont be long, that was 10 years ago!

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally had some run time on the Mopar 500i.

The saw is like nothing I have personally run before. Beside the excellent port job, the saw reacts differently than a carbed saw-AT or manual tune.

The FI has no lag in fuel delivery like a carbed saw does. The result is a brutal torque curve. The saw would pop-out of a cut for me almost half a bar at times, and it was running a 32 with an 8 pin. I guess you could say that it’s the chain, but I’ve done a lot of cutting and this is the first saws that’s ever happened with.

Guess I will be needing one.
Al, I completely understand what your saying....now. I had a chance to run a 500i yesterday. Stock other than a muffler mod. The words and videos about the saw just can’t describe the throttle response. Just a piss rev and you get it. Very impressive saw.

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not a pro feller by any stretch, but I know one who has used mine (500i) and had nothing but great things to say about it. Mostly that it’s a cuttin’ sob.
He bought the first one he came across here recently and has been wearing it out. I sent mine to Jamestown, Tn. for some work and I’m looking forward to getting it back so I can show off to the fellow what it’s really capable of. I love the saw.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you'll be unhappy with a 7 pin .325 with that saw.
In fact you might be able to do .325 9 pin. Lol
All depends on the wood.
But you did good on that sir.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
8 pin is where it's at for .325
8 pin .325 is equal to 3/8 7 pin.
Generally speaking.
I run 8 pin .325 on my ported 026s and 261cm.

This is what I was going to say! In .325 7 pin on a 30-40 cc saw, but 8 pin on the larger ones.

I run 7 pin 3/8 square file on my MMWS 261 V II (18") and I find it to be a good match!