huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
11:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's where it's lacking grunt after machine work and porting. Throttle response was great, just couldn't load it up. Went straight home and fixt it.
It’s a 462. Be happy with a shorter bar. When I can make them run 36” of .404 I’ll share, I promise. “. So far, they’re a good 32” 3/8 saw

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My First 462. Ran it earlier today and it wasn't quite there. Headed back to the shop and went back in. I can't say enough about the simplicity of this design. Only takes a few minutes to have the jug in your hand. Picked up 3 seconds raising the transfers and exhaust roof a touch more.
NICE !!
Do you mind sharing where you were on port timing before and after you went back in ?

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
NICE !!
Do you mind sharing where you were on port timing before and after you went back in ?
To be perfectly honest, I never put the degree wheel on it. Don't take that the wrong way, I didn't just wing it. I studied the cylinder and applied some of the breadcrumbs. After running it, I knew what it was lacking.

Here's what I did do, I took .035 off the base and set the squish at .022 without a gasket. The intake port is completely untouched. I read through Scott's thread and saw where he tried some epoxy in one of them during the testing. There doesn't seem to be much wiggle room there anyways.

Randy's right. This would have been a cake walk with readily available numbers, just set it up on the degree wheel, grind to it and poof, ur done. but I didn't go looking for them either. Scott's thread was the only one I read through. I don't believe there are any numbers posted in that thread, and if there was, I didn't notice. That was enough to point me in the right direction.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I can make them run 36” of .404 I’ll share, I promise. “. So far, they’re a good 32” 3/8 7 tooth saw
I took the liberty to add a small detail on to your post.

I’m not sure about running 404 on 80cc and lower displacement saws. IMHO, 90cc and up is 404 territory for working. With all of the weight savings the manufacturers have been employing, these sub 90cc saws take a substantial beating with 404. Some can run 404, true, but the place I used to work at in the 80’s thinks I’m nuts for running 404 on the 661’s. I tell them that I dial in the chain for the saw but they sharpen RSL with their 511a’s........ I’m sure they don’t know what I’m sayin and don’t wanna admit that

N8TE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a 462. Be happy with a shorter bar. When I can make them run 36” of .404 I’ll share, I promise. “. So far, they’re a good 32” 3/8 saw
It'll be cool when you make it happen.

I think we in the saw community get a little desensitized to how well these tools really run and expect more.

I was taking a very respectful sized Maple down last weekend and put my XS462 in my brother's hands, who has run his share of saws, and he was impressed... really impressed.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It'll be cool when you make it happen.

I think we in the saw community get a little desensitized to how well these tools really run and expect more.

I was taking a very respectful sized Maple down last weekend and put my XS462 in my brother's hands, who has run his share of saws, and he was impressed... really impressed.
That thing should be a riot with a 24.