RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wood was too big David. Lol
Were you making beer coasters instead of cookies?

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Feel you're pain.... my 20 plus year old ytube channel deleted with no explanation when I started posting saw videos here.... I tried starting another account and then another. All were deleted without explanation. I've switched to vimeo and I'm not going back. Even if they do restore a channel, who's to say they won't delete it again in the future, and all that work and time down the drain again. I've googled the issue. It's widespread and people are frustrated.... I'm done with ytube...
I've put in a request for mine to be restored but haven't heard anything yet, I'm gonna check into the vimeo or whatever its called though

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BlackCoffin

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First run with a bar, then quick cut a couple dry cherry cookies. I’ve got to get some wood off the ground and see what this saw can do...also first time grinding a chain on a decent grinder. Room for improvement!

side note, what are you guys turning your 660/661’s up to on the top end for some faster cuts?

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First run with a bar, then quick cut a couple dry cherry cookies. I’ve got to get some wood off the ground and see what this saw can do...also first time grinding a chain on a decent grinder. Room for improvement!

side note, what are you guys turning your 660/661’s up to on the top end for some faster cuts?

13,800 was usually a decent work tune on my 066. It handled 14,200 just fine though.

066 race saw has seen 17,000

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sure it would depend a lot on the porting, and no two are alike. Some saws cut better when rich.

IMO, the only way to answer the question with any particular saw is to do some testing.

BlackCoffin

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m just getting this one going, it’s a 661 Scott built and I bought from Julian. Has an unlimited coil and ms880 carb on it. It’s nice since I can go out and work with it, but also turn it up and have some fun if I want. Any insight in the “limits” would be appreciated but like others have mentioned, adjusting while cutting may be necessary.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is a 661 Scott built to go fast

Thanks, I did not realize that!

I'm sure Scott and Julian did testing, but as temps, humidity and elevation change, so may what the saw likes!

I have noticed that some of my ported saws are much more sensitive to changes in elevation than the non ported ones.