Saw video thread

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
9:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m just getting this one going, it’s a 661 Scott built and I bought from Julian. Has an unlimited coil and ms880 carb on it. It’s nice since I can go out and work with it, but also turn it up and have some fun if I want. Any insight in the “limits” would be appreciated but like others have mentioned, adjusting while cutting may be necessary.
A few of us in here have ran that saw. Unfortunately no one really is going to have anything to compare it to. Take it out and check to see where it four strokes to. Go small adjustments at a time. Course I am talking short bar can’t style racing. Longer bar just make sure it cleans up in the cut with pressure like any bar...anymore I only tac saws that are known to have issues when they go over a certain rpm for sustained times. I wouldn’t worry about that really here. Pay attention to the tone.

BlackCoffin

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put a big bar on that thing! Always amazes me those old saws, especially over 100cc, how they may not be fast at cutting but they never seem to slow down. You can hear it 4 stroke but once loaded the rpms don’t fluctuate like these newer saws. Slow, steady, and powerful!

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put a big bar on that thing! Always amazes me those old saws, especially over 100cc, how they may not be fast at cutting but they never seem to slow down. You can hear it 4 stroke but once loaded the rpms don’t fluctuate like these newer saws. Slow, steady, and powerful!

Yeah, it'll turn the same RPM in the wood whether it's got a 28" bar or a 60" bar. Next weekend is supposed to be nice here so I'm headed up on a hill
where I know there's a 66" Spruce that the Power company took down and they've given me the go-ahead to whittle on it. I've got five 125s I need to
really put under a load.

@Redfin you remember where the Stroker was at at Kevin? Feel like the highest we got it to turn was mid 14’s And it seemed fine there.

That stroker saw is one of the all-time greats.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You have to comply with the new gubber-mental regulations of marking your content as to either for, or not for children.
Need to download the YouTube Studio app to do this.

Ok, I tried it again with my account through the college and found the box for checking off if it's made for kids or not. So we'll see if google deletes that account as well.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, I tried it again with my account through the college and found the box for checking off if it's made for kids or not. So we'll see if google deletes that account as well.

Maybe its just a bad link, JJ. I can see your account on YT and it looks open for bidness.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe its just a bad link, JJ. I can see your account on YT and it looks open for bidness.

Thanks Dan - I switched it over to an account I have through the college. I have two-step verification on that account so hopefully it won't get deleted.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, it'll turn the same RPM in the wood whether it's got a 28" bar or a 60" bar. Next weekend is supposed to be nice here so I'm headed up on a hill
where I know there's a 66" Spruce that the Power company took down and they've given me the go-ahead to whittle on it. I've got five 125s I need to
really put under a load.

That stroker saw is one of the all-time greats.
Better get video of that day! You going to run a 60” bar? .404, 7 or 8 pin?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
8:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Does seem odd that it keeps happening just after posting here, hmm...

sonoransaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You have to comply with the new gubber-mental regulations of marking your content as to either for, or not for children.
Need to download the YouTube Studio app to do this.

Even though I had marked mine as not for children, they still deleted it. Made no difference....

Thanks Dan - I switched it over to an account I have through the college. I have two-step verification on that account so hopefully it won't get deleted.

Be interesting to see if that works. I have an account through my work too, but what happens if I switch jobs down the line???...