I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
3:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hard not to like a 372
Regardless of allegiance...the 372 is one of the all time greats. It really is. I harvested more timber with a 460 than any other saw (had 4 of them at one time), but when I got my first 372 I said "oh wow...okay...uhh this thing is great"

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The X cut is no joke, I've been told.
I’m happy with it, rakers need to be a touch lower for better feeding but it cuts smooth. My only problem is how the hell to duplicate the factory cutter profile when it’s due for sharpening. It’s not round and it’s not square.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’m happy with it, rakers need to be a touch lower for better feeding but it cuts smooth. My only problem is how the hell to duplicate the factory cutter profile when it’s due for sharpening. It’s not round and it’s not square.

I wondered how to duplicate it as well, I'll figure it out..it's gotta be the best out of the box chain I've ever used..close to RSK.

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
1:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got some ideas involving some small Swiss files. I think that’s what it’s gonna take.

I’m loving the roll of C83 that I bought. I haven’t really tried to copy the factory profile, just regular round file but still cuts awesome. I’m quite interested if you guys are trying to get that factory edge, it does cut great out of the box!

Last edited:

big t double

You can call me Teddy Eastwood.....
Local time
2:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Teddy Eastwood has one I built with very minimal work that was one of the fastest I ever done.....

not when I file the chain and operate it...it goes really slow under those circumstances dragon. Sorry, it’s true. Ask big Matt. But it’s cool...I got my sights set on a bigger prize....we’re gonna kill a muhfuckin bear. With a *f-wordin knife.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
not when I file the chain and operate it...it goes really slow under those circumstances dragon. Sorry, it’s true. Ask big Matt. But it’s cool...I got my sights set on a bigger prize....we’re gonna kill a muhfuckin bear. With a *freakin' knife.

Teddy “Grizzly” Eastwood is the man!