Saw video thread

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Deets, I think I missed running your Hybrid, would love to sometime.

Please feel free to share any other secrets of you success. I really like my Hybrids.
Use sharp chains
Have proper tune
[emoji2957][emoji3061][emoji16]

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I’d have little issue with that jug if you could diamond ball the defects under the intake floor and hand sand so they don’t scratch the skirt. Test with a cheap or used piston. That’s bad air filtration.

No rings pass that area.
I’ll take a closer look at it today. Thanks. I have been planning on a new P&C for this saw anyways, but I thought I’d look at this cylinder a little closer.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope. You missed my point Mike.
But whatever. If you have a free for all, then so beit...

Mason and I have done some real good real world testing. Separating as many variables as possible. Our results don't lie. They are true. We were surprised as well, expecting some different outcomes.

All that testing is boring and a lot of work for nothing but putting builders work against each other or selling one to buy another guys work cause it was .2 faster. Rim size might make a difference but the strongest saw will still win if they can setup a chain for it. Stock chains normally don’t really show the best way. One guys saw with a 7 pin cutting at max torque output can cut the same speed overall as a saw with a 9 taking smaller bites.

Race in some square wood and have fun. You guys say you do t race saws but all that testing is racing still[emoji2359]

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
All that testing is boring and a lot of work for nothing but putting builders work against each other or selling one to buy another guys work cause it was .2 faster. Rim size might make a difference but the strongest saw will still win if they can setup a chain for it. Stock chains normally don’t really show the best way. One guys saw with a 7 pin cutting at max torque output can cut the same speed overall as a saw with a 9 taking smaller bites.

Race in some square wood and have fun. You guys say you do t race saws but all that testing is racing still[emoji2359]

I'd rather watch paint dry than spend the time and money to prove absolutely nothing.

Then you can add in the operator factor...

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd rather watch paint dry than spend the time and money to prove absolutely nothing.

Then you can add in the operator factor...

I just like saws that start easy, tune easy, idle good, don’t pop like a old John Deere and have good solid midrange power. I don’t care if it’s .2 slower than someone else’s extreme insane-O port. Lol

Last edited:

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just like saws that start easy, idle good, don’t pop like a old John Deere and have good solid midrange power. I don’t care if it’s .2 slower than someone else’s extreme insane-O port. Lol

You should test which saw builder has the saw with the best idle with a 9 pin at different oil ratios.

Make a GTG out of it.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're just a H8ter Ryan.
If'fin you "PROS" don't like testing, then don't. But why bust our balls for trying new things? I just do get it.
But I really do.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You're just a H8ter Ryan.
If'fin you "PROS" don't like testing, then don't. But why bust our balls for trying new things? I just do get it.
But I really do.

You can stick your thumb up your ass and spin on it for all I care.

Just don't say you proved anything, other than you swirled the fudge.

I'm not a pro at anything. Not even in my own PROfession.

Last edited: