RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope. You missed my point Mike.
But whatever. If you have a free for all, then so beit...

Mason and I have done some real good real world testing. Separating as many variables as possible. Our results don't lie. They are true. We were surprised as well, expecting some different outcomes.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All depends on bar size. For 460 and Hybrid.

Jeff,

In general the Hybrid will have higher RPM and the 460 more grunt (due to the smaller case volume acting like a crank stuffer), but there is a very wide range in performance of all ported saws, but especially the Hybrids.

Remember Jeff, I've also done some testing. I had 3 ported 046/460s. Then I tried different carbs on them. One (the MOFO) really responded to the HD-50 carb, the others didn't, so that is the one I kept. For some reason that I can't explain, that saw is stronger with that carb, but the others didn't like it!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember, 7 pin FTW, and I told everyone before the testing began! 8 pin is hard to beat in softwood cants.
No Mike. Mason and I in our testing. We tested big softwood at Eric's mini gtg. Eric's Hybrid was crazy fast. At Dan's, we tested in Red Oak. 460 FTW in Oak. Not by much.

In NY you never mentioned anything until the test cuts were over.
Parameters should have the been set before hand. I just assumed we all has the same rim. Due to 24" bar. Next time we will be sure to have all same setups.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would love to see it run, and know more about what was done to it.

I always like knowledge!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have said for a very long time that in hardwood, on anything less than 90 cc, I prefer 7 pin. Many times I stated that.
Not before or during the cuts made in NY. It wasn't until it was all over that you said you had a 7 pin on your 460. We all had 8 pins.