Saw video thread

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
8:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Testing different chains, rims, saws, woods, etc and videoing and timing cuts is really the only way you can find out how efficient your cutting is.
Regardless of saw brands...
Dyno.

Someone worked on one ... ;)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Even with a dyno, people get excited about peak power numbers... but it’s the powerband width and the power within the curve that matters for a worksaw.
Many times even with the "semipro" huskys having the wide power band allows you to keep cutting when the pro saws stall out, that consistency can make a big difference in the amount work being done. I don't mind running a stock 353/359 when doing firewood, they are great firewooding saws, very forgiving. It's interesting when you look at the peak hp#'s on those saws vs the pro versions as well. Basically if you can't keep the pro saws "on the pipe" they have about the same hp ratings at a slightly lower rpm where the semi-pro saws just stay running at.

Last edited:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I managed to get a video of the 462 with the 7 pin.
I'm still not real impressed, and I'd really like to be!
Does it sound like it's going lean to you guys, do I need to do a reset? It's a vr3 I'd guess since it has a DOM or jan 19.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like mine a lot, but it has a muffler mod and a 20" bar (and no wrap handle). VG power to weight IMO.
I hope to be impressed, I really do. Sure it will do better in wood that isn't frozen even though the 440 did just fine with the exact same chain and it' should be that much more hp.
You think I should cut the extra part of the handle off :cunaooooo:, it seems a little closer in weight to the other 70's in the stable, I'll have to run them side by side to make a more accurate comparison.
Is there a thread with muffler mod options on the 462.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine is simple, but for some reason I get in trouble for sharing … screw em!

I drill two 1/4" holes on the upper right side of the cover. I do the same on 440s, 460s, 461s. Works very well, but no screen, so no cutting in State forests.

My 044 is very strong, and my 462 cuts right with it.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope to be impressed, I really do. Sure it will do better in wood that isn't frozen even though the 440 did just fine with the exact same chain and it' should be that much more hp.
You think I should cut the extra part of the handle off :cunaooooo:, it seems a little closer in weight to the other 70's in the stable, I'll have to run them side by side to make a more accurate comparison.
Is there a thread with muffler mod options on the 462.
Is the 462 broken in yet?

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is the 462 broken in yet?
Yes.
I'll do the reset today and give it a try.
The 462 may be a great saw, time will tell. I do love the feel of an 044 though, even if it is a creamsickle!!
I agree(just wish the handlebar was angled), great saws as is the 460/461. I also like the 361, first stihl that wanted to be a husky lol.

Last edited:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
7:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes.
I'll do the reset today and give it a try.

I agree(just wish the handlebar was angled), great saws as is the 460/461. I also like the 361, first stihl that wanted to be a husky lol.

That handle can be any angle you want with a few quick tappy tap taps of the hammer.