Saw video thread

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New vids. We use the 1 month rule. Very current. Cutting with a purpose. Scientifically unscientific test cuts. For the good of the order...
Okay, here's a stihl in some michigan fastwood, it's trying:eaea:.
The 462 had an 8 pin on it so I figured I'd give it a try, you know there so powerful and all it should be able to run it :facepalm:, maybe with a 20, but a "25" was way too much(all the hype :icon_popcorn:). I'll try it tomorrow with a 7, should do a good bit better. Maybe I'll put the 8 on the 440 and see if it does any better.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What chain were you using Brett? Square or round? Sometimes too much chain speed in real hard wood causes the chain to skip on the top and not dig in. Probably work better with the 7 pin...
Is 440 stock or ported?

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What chain were you using Brett? Square or round? Sometimes too much chain speed in real hard wood causes the chain to skip on the top and not dig in. Probably work better with the 7 pin...
Is 440 stock or ported?
Square I made up last night, first cuts were on the 440, which is ported but tuned to just over 13.5 which it likes for torque and fuel economy.
You're right, on the chain speed it's not always best(sometimes slower with the rakers lower is quicker in the cut), and it is very hard right now. We'll see tomorrow. If I have time I'll break out the 2166 I've been running most the yr with a ported cylinder and a ported 372xtorq. Figured I'd run the husky family last or someone might say something about the chain lol.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Testing different chains, rims, saws, woods, etc and videoing and timing cuts is really the only way you can find out how efficient your cutting is.
Regardless of saw brands...
I agree! Report back... I don’t have the spare time. Maybe someday I will?