High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Saw builds

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
3:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
For a spare saw -- are these chinese kits to the place now where you could say..."yes, it's a viable option"?

Second question. If you ported this kit, would you advise an OEM clutch or any other changes that will improve the longevity of the saw.
No saw lasts forever,even oem ones wear out and break.
I use several am clutches on oem saws and they don't last as long but there also a 1/3 of the price of a oem one.

The only thing I see that will separate it from a oem saw is the the crank bearings and the quality of the piston.
We all use am pistons and bearings in oem saws so I don't see the difference.

I'm certain once ported and put to work it won't last as long as a oem saw but it's 200$ against 1000$ so how long does it need to last to be worth it?
1/5 of the oem would be fair but I bet it lasts longer than that but when it breaks it will still be called a peice of Chinese junk but it shouldn't be.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I built this 394 a few months ago for a guy who owns a tree service, I done some trading and got it back and then gave it to Mason @huskyboy because I like him and it made me feel good but anyway here's the note the tree service guy wrote on the airfilter cover. I had a good laugh when I seen it.View attachment 58509

Colors came through I can't read one part can you fill in the blank:

"To Be _____ by Dan and Bruce only!!! This saw will hurt you"

Is it To be Operated ?? Hard to see...

BTW: That is awesome that @huskyboy ended up with that saw. So cool Jason.

When Mason showed up at Dan's at the GTG first time, all of us old farts couldn't stop picking up saws to hand to him to run. He had a blast running everything we threw at him!

Wish I had gotten into saws like he has when I was 20 years old :)

Enjoyed building that 51 at Dan's Mason. I have the 365 special I'm going to tear apart next.
My brother has 2 x 350's sitting in his garage I plan to get running again. May go w/ AM cylinders on those as they are probably toast or whatever. Should take a stab at carb kits to learn about those now too. Lots to learn, never too old to learn.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can use the Stihl saw and run it, instead of fixing them hooskies all the time.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Colors came through I can't read one part can you fill in the blank:

"To Be _____ by Dan and Bruce only!!! This saw will hurt you"

Is it To be Operated ?? Hard to see...

BTW: That is awesome that @huskyboy ended up with that saw. So cool Jason.

When Mason showed up at Dan's at the GTG first time, all of us old farts couldn't stop picking up saws to hand to him to run. He had a blast running everything we threw at him!

Wish I had gotten into saws like he has when I was 20 years old :)

Enjoyed building that 51 at Dan's Mason. I have the 365 special I'm going to tear apart next.
My brother has 2 x 350's sitting in his garage I plan to get running again. May go w/ AM cylinders on those as they are probably toast or whatever. Should take a stab at carb kits to learn about those now too. Lots to learn, never too old to learn.
Operated.

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think they're close for pro work, but the wonky AM carbs would drive my tree guy contacts nuts. If it doesn't start and idle nicely when new, it'll probably get chucked from up high and meet a premature death.

Clutches? I went through and replaced all the springs on my AM 460/660/064 clutches with oem. I didn't care for the am ones.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think they're close for pro work, but the wonky AM carbs would drive my tree guy contacts nuts. If it doesn't start and idle nicely when new, it'll probably get chucked from up high and meet a premature death.

Clutches? I went through and replaced all the springs on my AM 460/660/064 clutches with oem. I didn't care for the am ones.
Clutches with oem Springs ain't bad.
Oem carb and you will be ok.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice. So strong that its holding up the tree. Lol
Is that a 441? Or 661?

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried zooming in on the photo, but still couldn't make it out. But it could be a 261 too. Lol

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool. Type 11? That's different.