High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Saw builds

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
6:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Then why is it marked for both? Doesn't make sense to me....
064 flywheels are the same,I have a few

With one key it's either one or the other but when they have both numbers and 1 key there limited. Don't know why,just the way it is

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
4:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a 066 rl with the single key metal flywheel. Was talking with a member at a gtg and he said I could use a poly flywheel out of a 460 . It will fit the smaller crank on the 066. Has anyone tried this or can confirm for me. I'd like to make it unlimited. Or find a dual key metal flywheel.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The 046/460 flywheel is the same size fit as the 064 and 066 short cases with the metal flywheel. You'll need to shave down the little plastic lip on the backside of the poly wheel or it'll bottom out against the case. It won't take much and the lip is thin.
There will be some modifying necessary for the 064 recoil cover to fit the 1128 recoil spool. The flatter 064 side cover is the only one you can use unless you want to figure out how to make the bigger one work. The 1122 recoil spool mounting bolt needs milled down to fit the 1128. Then you'll need to use a spacer to keep the recoil spool at the right height. I had to do some grinding in a couple spots on the cover to get the spool in the correct position. I just wasted an hour trying to find my thread on it before I realized it's on the other site. I cannot save the pics in good enough quality to post them here so you'll have to go over there to check out my thread.
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/064-ported-hybrid-with-poly-flywheel.293676/page-2

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
7:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The 046/460 flywheel is the same size fit as the 064 and 066 short cases with the metal flywheel. You'll need to shave down the little plastic lip on the backside of the poly wheel or it'll bottom out against the case. It won't take much and the lip is thin.
There will be some modifying necessary for the 064 recoil cover to fit the 1128 recoil spool. The flatter 064 side cover is the only one you can use unless you want to figure out how to make the bigger one work. The 1122 recoil spool mounting bolt needs milled down to fit the 1128. Then you'll need to use a spacer to keep the recoil spool at the right height. I had to do some grinding in a couple spots on the cover to get the spool in the correct position. I just wasted an hour trying to find my thread on it before I realized it's on the other site. I cannot save the pics in good enough quality to post them here so you'll have to go over there to check out my thread.
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/064-ported-hybrid-with-poly-flywheel.293676/page-2
Thank you!!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure why, but the strongest ones I have seen are all D jugs, maybe something different with the transfers that works better with the smaller case volume? Don't know, but it is the best explanation I can come up with.

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The exhaust is the perfect shape.

@jmssaws

Let me know if you want to try a D chamber.

I personally think the hemi shape is better because it will be more even. It is what all off the newer designs have in them.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds real strong Jason. Zippy.

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
first cuts tuned slow at 14.5k

I don't like it.
I'm going to raise the transfers

Pure speculation here, the saw sounds strong. The motor didn't plane out till you put a load on it. Before I'd raise transfers, I would try a different chain that matches the rpm the saw wants to cut considering the wood and outside temperature today. Been dealing with that my self today with a high of 21 degrees.