"Run Whatcha Brung" 50CC Shoot Out ?

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
10:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So 50.8, there goes my plan to try and get my 540 a reason to live.
The 110 is 2.6 and the 111 is 3.2 , I believe y'all (meaning the chainsaw racing universe ) have chosen 3.1 to keep me down.
That's what the rwcing world uses. Some are still 3.0 and the 346 NE, larger 260, and some of the others can't play.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It really shouldn't be just about winning. It should be all in good fun. Just the thrill of competition.
Just have separate competitions for piped or overly modded saws. Like an open competition.
Maybe even a novice and expert class. I have zero experience in any of this. Just saying. I make no excuses, just state the obvious.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It really shouldn't be just about winning. It should be all in good fun. Just the thrill of competition.
Just have separate competitions for piped or overly modded saws. Like an open competition.
Maybe even a novice and expert class. I have zero experience in any of this. Just saying. I make no excuses, just state the obvious.
lmoa!!! :risas3:
Title says - run whatcha brung 50cc...

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like fun!!
I'll supply identical new 16" Tsumura light and tough bars from Nate that he shipped me a couple weeks ago and I'll get a roll of new 3/8" .050 chain from him and have as many loops touched up identically as we are going to have competitors.
Eliminate all the bar and chain issues and just run them saws !!!
Run whatever ya got that's basically 50cc is my thought, bring that pipe saw Jer and whatever alky concoction ya got brewing Bret :) If ya got a dolmar/distton/echo/strunk whatever that's close enough to 50cc that you dont feel like you are cheating, run that mambo, work saw, stock saw, race saw, etc. Lets run everything and see what happens.

I can also bring Desitin Creamy if it is needed :)
I'm planning to run a Mofo MS260, ECSaws 346xp NE two piece, stock 346xp NE with CCC Racing piston and a 45cc 346xp worksaw. I know the Huskys will be favored but this little mofo has some mojo as well.

spencerpaving

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like fun!!
I'll supply identical new 16" Tsumura light and tough bars from Nate that he shipped me a couple weeks ago and I'll get a roll of new 3/8" .050 chain from him and have as many loops touched up identically as we are going to have competitors.
Run whatever ya got that's basically 50cc is my thought, bring that pipe saw Jer and whatever alky concoction ya got brewing Bret :) If ya got a dolmar/distton/echo/strunk whatever that's close enough to 50cc that you dont feel like you are cheating, run that mambo, work saw, stock saw, race saw, etc. Lets run everything and see what happens.

I'm planning to run a Mofo MS260, ECSaws 346xp NE two piece, stock 346xp NE with CCC Racing piston and a 45cc 346xp worksaw. I know the Huskys will be favored but this little mofo has some mojo as well.
Buttpaste works just as good as desitin....just sayin

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
9:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@huskyboy watch the squeals backpedal? lol

No back pedal here, just staring to sound like the local school board regulating the fun out of recess...

Looks like fun!!

This is what I was thinking. I also think it would be fun if the loser of a head to head was given the opportunity to challenge for a rematch with the opposing saws. That way if/when Jer hammers me with his pipe saw, I should then get the chance on his pipe saw to hammer him back. If you don't want anyone else running your say, don't match up with anyone.

Dave, you are far too generous. If this happens more people than you should be coughing up some $$. I like the way you are thinking with the Tsumura bars, I think the rest of us should cover the cost of the 72CL chain. A roll of chain should make 27 x 60DL loops. What if we say $10/ loop if you want in? Covers the cost of the chain, someone would need to donate the time to make the loops. What are cants worth? Would another $10/ person cover it? Probably need more from Mason because he won't stop cutting all day...

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
9:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like fun!!

I have a compounding pharmacy prepare my Desitin creamy with a high percentage of ChiggerX to aid in the pain relief due to acute Butthurtedness ,
Money back guarantee...

Equate Chiggerex Benzocaine Ointment, 1.75 Oz https://g.co/kgs/98Mtjp

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also think it would be fun if the loser of a head to head was given the opportunity to challenge for a rematch with the opposing saws. That way if/when Jer hammers me with his pipe saw, I should then get the chance on his pipe saw to hammer him back. If you don't want anyone else running your say, don't match up with anyone.
The only thing head-to-head racing does is determine the single fastest saw. The two fastest saws could compete in the first round, knocking the second fastest saw out of the competition. Yes, it's lots fun, but it does not sort out the saws.