Rimfires

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ruger LCP II is my favorite rimfire handgun, surprisingly. At typical defensive distance I can shoot it as good as anything else and Aguila Interceptors are nothing to sneeze at! 7 yards from a kneeling position:

IMG_20230523_201405256.jpg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
5:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picked this one up a couple months back.
Henry Frontier 24” octagon barrel.
I picked up a large loop lever I want to try on it and I also got a skinner peep sight to put on.View attachment 378903View attachment 378904
Nice little rifle. I look forward to seeing the skinner sight installed and getting your thoughts after shooting it a bit.
I have a Williams on mine and it’s overkill, size wise. Looks out of place on the little Henry but works well.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice little rifle. I look forward to seeing the skinner sight installed and getting your thoughts after shooting it a bit.
I have a Williams on mine and it’s overkill, size wise. Looks out of place on the little Henry but works well.
If you go to the Henry website and look up their small game carbine or rifle they actually come with the same skinner peep sight and large loop I got for mine.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you go to the Henry website and look up their small game carbine or rifle they actually come with the same skinner peep sight and large loop I got for mine.
Thx!

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A bit more modern, a bit more serious target stuff, though at this point could almost be considered vintage...

View attachment 284684

Walther osp (.22 short): I shot bullseye on a local pistol team for about 15 years, this one was sort of the pinnacle of a few other target specific setups I accumulated over that time.

The rifle is a Walther gsp pistol conversion, I was helping out in the r&d process while these were being developed so ended up with a bunch of the prototype stuff. Have a few other various barrels and stocks, including a couple I sleeved and chambered in 17 hm2 when they were just coming out.
At the time they were touting the match barrel version as the most accurate 22lr you could buy "off the shelf", what that was based on I don't remember.
I was doing bench rest competition with it before the custom 1022 and all that stuff really got going and was getting some pretty funny looks/comments from the bolt gun guys...

I recently adapted one of the barrels to an ar upper along with one of those cmmg conversion bolts.
An update.
Machined up a chassis for the gsp, a little better suited for bench shooting. Front and rear blocks clamp onto the upper receiver, cut down AR handguard and then a picatinny attachment in back with a detachable folding stock.
Retired the old Sightron, Arken has a pretty good sale going, EPL-4 6-24x50 for $329, pretty good bang for buck...

Attachments

• GSP chassis.JPG
    GSP chassis.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 10

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
An update.
Machined up a chassis for the gsp, a little better suited for bench shooting. Front and rear blocks clamp onto the upper receiver, cut down AR handguard and then a picatinny attachment in back with a detachable folding stock.
Retired the old Sightron, Arken has a pretty good sale going, EPL-4 6-24x50 for $329, pretty good bang for buck...
Nice machine work…looks fine!

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ruger LCP II is my favorite rimfire handgun, surprisingly. At typical defensive distance I can shoot it as good as anything else and Aguila Interceptors are nothing to sneeze at! 7 yards from a kneeling position:

View attachment 378886
I have 2 LCP’s. An oldie and a II, both 380. Neither are fun to shoot. By far the most comfortable hand gun I own is this:
3127DD77-4FD4-4660-96A9-4ED465351593.jpeg
Modded clip allows 13rds.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently got me a Ruger Super Wrangler .22 LR/.22 mag and this is one fun little sixgun. Strange as it sounds, I actually like it better than the Single Six I used to have. The stock trigger pull is kind of heavy. Quick fix is to take the grips off and release one of the two rear facing legs of the trigger spring. That done, it's about 3 pounds and feels the same as any other Ruger single action. Of all the ammo I've tried so far it likes Aguila Super Extra 40 grain the best. Which is a plus since it's my favorite cheap .22 ammo and my rifles like it too.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently got me a Ruger Super Wrangler .22 LR/.22 mag and this is one fun little sixgun. Strange as it sounds, I actually like it better than the Single Six I used to have. The stock trigger pull is kind of heavy. Quick fix is to take the grips off and release one of the two rear facing legs of the trigger spring. That done, it's about 3 pounds and feels the same as any other Ruger single action. Of all the ammo I've tried so far it likes Aguila Super Extra 40 grain the best. Which is a plus since it's my favorite cheap .22 ammo and my rifles like it too.

I really want to pick up one of those lance. But I really have no need with an original single six and my single ten.

When I had my wrangler I ended up putting the hammer spring at 18lbs and the trigger at 2.5 it was a very fun single action.

17lb hammer started to have a few light strikes.

mainer_in_ak

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ferg, yep that trigger spring modification really lightens that heavy trigger. Interesting these newer wranglers. So similar to the single six, but half the price. I wonder how they've done this? I put some time behind a single six. I liked the mag cylinder for hunting. 22lr rifle velocity from a handgun. Less cripples.
20160914-203113.jpg

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ferg, yep that trigger spring modification really lightens that heavy trigger. Interesting these newer wranglers. So similar to the single six, but half the price. I wonder how they've done this? I put some time behind a single six. I liked the mag cylinder for hunting. 22lr rifle velocity from a handgun. Less cripples.
20160914-203113.jpg

The single series have machined steel frames. The wranglers have cast metal frames. That's the biggest difference. Lots of other smaller things here and there that add up.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The single series have machined steel frames. The wranglers have cast metal frames. That's the biggest difference. Lots of other smaller things here and there that add up.

Super Wrangler has a steel receiver and zinc grip frame. Fired mine some today and she is a real shooter!