Super OPE Member
Local time
10:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 315739
Clark custom guns Ruger mark II
My grandfather shot bullseye pistol competition a little and he had several ruger mark two's and a couple 1911's done by Clark. They were shooters for sure.

The mark two is my favorite 22 pistol. Although I don't currently own one. I have a buckmark. Never cared for the loaded chamber indicator on the mk iii and I like the mag release more on the mkii. I hear good things about the mk4 but I've never shot one.

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My grandfather shot bullseye pistol competition a little and he had several ruger mark two's and a couple 1911's done by Clark. They were shooters for sure.

The mark two is my favorite 22 pistol. Although I don't currently own one. I have a buckmark. Never cared for the loaded chamber indicator on the mk iii and I like the mag release more on the mkii. I hear good things about the mk4 but I've never shot one.
I bought my mark II in 1986. In the early 90’s, on a canoeing trip, I damaged my mark II and later had Clark’s do their custom job. It was well worth it. It shot better than my S&W 41 so I sold the 41.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been wishing Ruger would come out with a birdshead Wrangler forever now, and they finally did. My next gun!

1.jpg

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been wishing Ruger would come out with a birdshead Wrangler forever now, and they finally did. My next gun!

1.jpg

That's pretty cool! Didn't really care for my wrangler. Mainly the sights sucked for my eyes. The cylinder bores where very tight too. Once you shot a few cylinders it was real tough to get the rounds in without a lot of pressure. Had to keep a brush with it to keep the cylinder clean in the field.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree, the sights as issued are pretty crappy. I painted my front sight white and enlarged the rear notch a bit. The chambers on mine haven't given me any problems so far.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree, the sights as issued are pretty crappy. I painted my front sight white and enlarged the rear notch a bit. The chambers on mine haven't given me any problems so far.

I painted my front sight orange and it helped but it took a long time still for me. Got fed up and bought a single ten with fiber sights. Love this gun!!!

PXL_20211121_014423723.jpg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was given a Chiappa little badger. Never seen one.
Made in Italy, break open single with hammer.
It has no sites and has a skinny scope mounted on a plastic rail I'm not crazy about.
I might not leave this alone. Parts wanted lol.
I might call the US office in Ohio and ask about site options.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We got some cheapo .22 single actions from Chiappa at the shop. The cylinder and barrel were soft aluminum with steel liners. Customers say they shoot surprisingly well. Ruger Wrangler is still the best choice for a cheap .22 revolver, I really like mine.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We got some cheapo .22 single actions from Chiappa at the shop. The cylinder and barrel were soft aluminum with steel liners. Customers say they shoot surprisingly well. Ruger Wrangler is still the best choice for a cheap .22 revolver, I really like mine.

I really liked everything about my wrangler but the sights. I just couldn't see the sights. Definitely the best low cost SA revolver in my opinion.

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
used to have the pump version of that until someone (or several) borrowed most everything in my home.