Rimfires

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ended up with an old heavy barrel sako in 222 rem mag as my small caliber bench gun, pretty close to the same as 223.
I don't get a lot of opportunity to shoot past 100yds so not much need to update to one of the newer more efficient cartridges but I hesitate to shoot the *s-word out of the sako as it would be sort of a shame to change out a shot out barrel on it.
Good excuse to get something newer, just waiting for the right deal to come along, not holding my breath these days though.
May just put together a precision ar upper in something interesting to tide me over...

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back in 2013 Dad and I were gunna buy some 22-250’s to go prairie dog huntin and shoot some coyotes. Couldn’t find what we wanted from a production gun. So we had Jeff Hankins build us a couple of precision 22-250 AI’s.
Best shootin Gun I own.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ended up with an old heavy barrel sako in 222 rem mag as my small caliber bench gun, pretty close to the same as 223.
I don't get a lot of opportunity to shoot past 100yds so not much need to update to one of the newer more efficient cartridges but I hesitate to shoot the *s-word out of the sako as it would be sort of a shame to change out a shot out barrel on it.
Good excuse to get something newer, just waiting for the right deal to come along, not holding my breath these days though.
May just put together a precision ar upper in something interesting to tide me over...
Id really like to get into an AR-10 in 6.5

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As far as bang for the buck, CZ's are hard to beat.
Although.......if I had a Suhl 150, I'd be shooting it.

I have 2 150s, one with the origional peep sights and the other i have a Leopould 36X.

I got the Suhls on a trade, 2 guns for a used 5' bush hog.
A friend worked for someone in the import/export business. This person had business interests in Europe from his years in the OSS later the CIA.
When East Germany fell he bought the rifles from the Olympic shooting team. About 200 Suhl 150s and 25 of the Suhl Biathlon rifles.
Plus a pallet of various match .22 ammo.
His business was located in an old lumber yard with most of the buildings still intact.
We could shoot 50 yards inside. With free ammo and having to check out the guns we had lots of fun.
The rats that ran around the property didn't have a chance.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
10:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 2 150s, one with the origional peep sights and the other i have a Leopould 36X.

I got the Suhls on a trade, 2 guns for a used 5' bush hog.
A friend worked for someone in the import/export business. This person had business interests in Europe from his years in the OSS later the CIA.
When East Germany fell he bought the rifles from the Olympic shooting team. About 200 Suhl 150s and 25 of the Suhl Biathlon rifles.
Plus a pallet of various match .22 ammo.
His business was located in an old lumber yard with most of the buildings still intact.
We could shoot 50 yards inside. With free ammo and having to check out the guns we had lots of fun.
The rats that ran around the property didn't have a chance.

Great story!
That sounds like about as much fun as a guy could have....with his clothes on.

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He also bought 5 containers of guns that were given to allies during WW2.
1911s, Inglas Hi Powers, 03-A3s, M1 carbines.
Most were very worn but a few were in very good shape.
A few Korean war era Migs too.

There was some stuff that was involved in the Iran- Contra deal, stuff that went to central America but that is a whole nother story.

The world used to be fun.