High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Remington

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
7:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey,I found a gasket for the SL4 & PL4,it's a Homelite XL12 gasket for the single reed saws.It fits on perfectly.The reed from a SXL or XL12 is the same too.Hell,half of the saw is Homelite!

I also picked up a manual oiler Mighty Mite.It looks almost new & runs like a new saw too.I need a 1/4 in.pitch bar & chain for it if anyone has an extra they want to part with.I also need an outer bar plate.
Also, some Mighty Might bantam saws were 1/4 pitch, some 3/8 lp. I converted one to 3/8 from 1/4 buy buying a N.O.S. clutch drum for $10, or there abouts, from Leon's chainsaw parts and repair. That opens up more options. I think I have a couple extra 1/4 pitch bars you seek but the chains are nearly shot if I recall. I'll look and see.

Last edited:

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got an SL9 that the fuel tank doesn't want to vent.Is there a duckbill type valve that goes in between the fuel tank & the throttle handle on the upper left side next to the carb?

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got an SL9 that the fuel tank doesn't want to vent.Is there a duckbill type valve that goes in between the fuel tank & the throttle handle on the upper left side next to the carb?

Is there a small brass pipe plug type thing there, upper left side?

It’s a check with a simple disc flapper.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK,how do I get it to start working again?I don't believe I'll ever find another vent for the saw.I've been running the saw with the cap slightly loose,but I'm afraid of losing the cap.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
f047092d661828506f01bed192116ee9.jpg

I got this from a notable member some eight years ago.

Just drug it out and it started right up on a prime.

Carry it to Iowa GTG. [emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
f047092d661828506f01bed192116ee9.jpg

I got this from a notable member some eight years ago.

Just drug it out and it started right up on a prime.

Carry it to Iowa GTG. [emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice looking saw. I'm bidding on a SL-9 and its wards variant at the local online auction.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@edju1958
Well sir I stand corrected on the Mighty Might saw bar oil set up. Actually We are both right. All of my Mighty Might saws, as previously illustrated, do not use crankcase pressure for oiling the bar. They use the throttle to operate a pump as you throttle up with manual override. Well I'm working on another I acquired but it was sucking bar oil into the crankcase. This is not possible on all my others. I pulled the oil pump / cover to find a port into the crankcase that pressurizes the oil tank. Not sure why they did this but still left the throttle activated system in place. I'll be plugging this leak. Learn something new every day. I'm starting to think these were made by Ford. There are other numerous differences between the various versions of these little saws. This is the first time I've seen this pressurized tank set up.
IMG_20210425_094431351_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This is the non pressurized version. Circled there is the boss they would have drilled out on the Automatic version to install that one way check valve.
IMG_20210425_100733445_HDR~2.jpg

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny how this came into play.I've got an SL9 that I tore down for the same reason - it was sucking bar oil into the cylinder.The duck bill is completely gone where the fitting screws into the crankcase.A $1.50 duck bill is what's causing all the smoke.Now that I've got it apart I see that I need to replace the gasket.I'm going to try using MotoSeal,but if you've got a better solution let me know.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Funny how this came into play.I've got an SL9 that I tore down for the same reason - it was sucking bar oil into the cylinder.The duck bill is completely gone where the fitting screws into the crankcase.A $1.50 duck bill is what's causing all the smoke.Now that I've got it apart I see that I need to replace the gasket.I'm going to try using MotoSeal,but if you've got a better solution let me know.
The duck bill on mine is gone as well but because it has that throttle actuated oiler anyway, I just JB welded an 1/8" pipe plug in place of that fitting. Problem solved lol. As for your gasket, Moto seal or Yamabond should work well. They seal Motorcycle case halves with it.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My SL-9 is full manual on bar oiling. One less issue to have to deal with.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got this little fella goin tonight. Im not sure whats worse to work on these little mighty mites or mini macs.
I had a bugger of a time getting the plastic cover off. It was full of those mud nest things. Cleaned them out and got it back togeather. Put little fuel in tank and bunch of squirts down carb to get it primed and son of a gun she runs. Pretty good acually.
Now back apart. It has a fuel leak at carb and its not oiling.
Any tips on what to look for as far as the oiling. I know someone on here is big into these little fellas but cant recall who.
aaad99f793b04bd1010cdb32dd8787f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or are these some sort of manual piler. I notice some funcy thing goin on whith the throttle linkage area. I was asuming these were auto oiling.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got this little fella goin tonight. Im not sure whats worse to work on these little mighty mites or mini macs.
I had a bugger of a time getting the plastic cover off. It was full of those mud nest things. Cleaned them out and got it back togeather. Put little fuel in tank and bunch of squirts down carb to get it primed and son of a gun she runs. Pretty good acually.
Now back apart. It has a fuel leak at carb and its not oiling.
Any tips on what to look for as far as the oiling. I know someone on here is big into these little fellas but cant recall who.
aaad99f793b04bd1010cdb32dd8787f4.jpg

Cool little saw. I've only worked on the older Mighty Might saws and I think the Mini Mac saws are much easier to to work on overall. Only thing easier on the Remmy is carb access.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Or are these some sort of manual piler. I notice some funcy thing goin on whith the throttle linkage area. I was asuming these were auto oiling.

I have had 7 of the original Mighty Might saws before they changed to the numbered series like yours. All mine have linkage that actuates the oil pump via the throttle plus a thumb activated manual override. The one also had a pressurized oil tank as well as the above system. Yours looks to have a square button on top for manual oiling?

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had 7 of the original Mighty Might saws before they changed to the numbered series like yours. All mine have linkage that actuates the oil pump via the throttle plus a thumb activated manual override. The one also had a pressurized oil tank as well as the above system. Yours looks to have a square button on top for manual oiling?
That square looking button is same plastic part as the throttle safety. Dont seem to do anything with oiling that I can see. Now i know I shouldnt.probly.vut i put a little air up the oiler hole and did get some come out. I also did notice that squeezing tje throttle repetedly made the oil move a bit where it comes out just not coming out. So how does this sytem work, do you have to keep blipping the throttle to get oil then?

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That square looking button is same plastic part as the throttle safety. Dont seem to do anything with oiling that I can see. Now i know I shouldnt.probly.vut i put a little air up the oiler hole and did get some come out. I also did notice that squeezing tje throttle repetedly made the oil move a bit where it comes out just not coming out. So how does this sytem work, do you have to keep blipping the throttle to get oil then?

Yes on the throttle on mine anyway. But there is the override if you are in a long wot cut. I've not needed it because no big cuts.