High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Remington

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
8:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I was thinking that it would be shame to take it out from that wrap package, guess i was wrong... really nice.

Thank you. I toiled in my mind for over a month before I decided life is to short to not enjoy it. I'll never fuel it but i had to touch it. I even videoed the unboxing and removal. Im going to noodle up some cherry off my property with another Remington saw and nestle it those.

Last edited:

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi everybody,I'm looking for a good parts PL5.The piston in my PL6 is scored pretty bad.I don't know about the cylinder yet as I haven't toprn it down yet.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The PL-5 & SL-11 have a really odd bore size of 1.910”/48.5 mm. That plus needing a solid skirt piston makes finding a crossover worse.

This is a top end kit from the ‘70s when the PL-5 types were relatively new.

a81401877186118987af3060ce539487.jpg

Someone has taken a scored cylinder out to 1.937” (1 15/16”), replated it and supplied a piston w/rings.

I got the above from Chainsawlady.

It was her last one.

Last edited:

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is that the original Mighty Mite with manual only oiling?
It has both "automatic" and manual. Every one I have operates like this. Every time you pull the trigger you are actuating the manual oiler. Its tied into the throttle but there is an override lever if you need more. Pretty neat set up I think.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah,it's all fine & dandy when it works,but when it stops working it's a PITA.I've got several SL9a saws that have the same set up.I was successful in putting a zip tie under the oiler valve on 2 of them,but have another 1 that I have to tear down & block off the auto oiler completely.The pressurized oil tank oiling system was the worst oiling system anyone ever came up with IMO.Homelite used the pressurized oil tank too & had the same problems.Sometimes you can get a saw that continues to spew out oil after it's been shut off unless you burp the oil tank & release pressure.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah,it's all fine & dandy when it works,but when it stops working it's a PITA.I've got several SL9a saws that have the same set up.I was successful in putting a zip tie under the oiler valve on 2 of them,but have another 1 that I have to tear down & block off the auto oiler completely.The pressurized oil tank oiling system was the worst oiling system anyone ever came up with IMO.Homelite used the pressurized oil tank too & had the same problems.Sometimes you can get a saw that continues to spew out oil after it's been shut off unless you burp the oil tank & release pressure.
My SL 9 is manual only. The mighty mights I have, 7 of them, none have pressurized oil tanks. Its just a manual pump that is actuated either by the throttle lever or another lever. I hate the Homelite set up. Same with the Poulan 20d saws I have.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here is a Mighty Might oil tank
cover / pump. IMG_20201230_141012300~2.jpg

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This is the inside of the tank. The green circle is where the push rod for the pump goes through along with a rubber seal.IMG_20201230_141128425~3.jpg

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Circled in red is what the pump seals against with a cork gasket. IMG_20201230_141132620~3.jpg

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That hole in the above picture feeds the bar pad.IMG_20201230_141137660~2.jpg

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This is the back side of the oil tank cover showing the pump. In green is where the actuation rod presses the pump in and out as you work the throttle. Red arrow is what seals against the feed hole that runs to the bar pad in the tank and the white arrow indicates where oil is drawn into the pump. There are no pulse lines or holes for crankcase pressure in these saws oil tanks.
IMG_20201230_141036735~3.jpg

Last edited:

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello again oh wise ones!Lol I've got an SL4 that I have all torn down because one of the clips let go & scored the hell out of the piston & rings.I'm using a piston kit from Sawzilla for a Homie SXL.I'll see if the gasket from a SXL will work,but if not I'll have to make my own.I measured the thickness of the old gasket & it's 1/32 in.I have FelPro gasket material that's 1/32 in.I was told by an old saw guru that I need a thicker gasket because as the cylinder is tightened down the material will compact.
I also have a PL5 that has a similar problem with the piston & rings.I don't have that saw torn down yet,but is next on the list.I was "lucky" enough to find an oversized cylinder & piston kit for it for $125.I don't know what the thickness is on that gasket yet.I can go with the 1/32 material,or I can get 3/64 material ,or 1/16 material.The latter seems to be a bit too thick?What say you all?

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hello again oh wise ones!Lol I've got an SL4 that I have all torn down because one of the clips let go & scored the hell out of the piston & rings.I'm using a piston kit from Sawzilla for a Homie SXL.I'll see if the gasket from a SXL will work,but if not I'll have to make my own.I measured the thickness of the old gasket & it's 1/32 in.I have FelPro gasket material that's 1/32 in.I was told by an old saw guru that I need a thicker gasket because as the cylinder is tightened down the material will compact.
I also have a PL5 that has a similar problem with the piston & rings.I don't have that saw torn down yet,but is next on the list.I was "lucky" enough to find an oversized cylinder & piston kit for it for $125.I don't know what the thickness is on that gasket yet.I can go with the 1/32 material,or I can get 3/64 material ,or 1/16 material.The latter seems to be a bit too thick?What say you all?
If it were me, I'd eliminate the base gasket with some Moto seal or yamabond ect after checking the squish without gasket and solder. If 20 thousands or higher you will be fine.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey,I found a gasket for the SL4 & PL4,it's a Homelite XL12 gasket for the single reed saws.It fits on perfectly.The reed from a SXL or XL12 is the same too.Hell,half of the saw is Homelite!

I also picked up a manual oiler Mighty Mite.It looks almost new & runs like a new saw too.I need a 1/4 in.pitch bar & chain for it if anyone has an extra they want to part with.I also need an outer bar plate.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey,I found a gasket for the SL4 & PL4,it's a Homelite XL12 gasket for the single reed saws.It fits on perfectly.The reed from a SXL or XL12 is the same too.Hell,half of the saw is Homelite!

I also picked up a manual oiler Mighty Mite.It looks almost new & runs like a new saw too.I need a 1/4 in.pitch bar & chain for it if anyone has an extra they want to part with.I also need an outer bar plate.
Any bar that fits the small mac saws should fit. A318 mount pattern I believe. I have a 1/4 pitch Remmy bar and chain on a Mini mac.