USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
6:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spot on posts guys... I grew up in the late 60's/70's...I was the youngest of 11 children. My momma and daddy had no patience for me, after seeing the train wrecks that came before me with my brothers and sisters. My old man used to make us get on our hands and knees pulling dandelions, weeds outta the front and back yard...you'd do it from the time you came home from school, til it was time to eat. Then you'd try to do the homework thing and take your ass to bed. He was a MF'r on us...but he meant well tryuibg to teach us idiots something back in those days. And he stood his ground, and couldn't none of us sons *f-word with him...he was an ass kicker, and he knew it. And he would impose his will on you. I watched my bad ass daddy succumb to Alzheimer's Disease for seven years before he passed away. Even at almost 50 yrs old now...I wish my ol' man could come back and just whip my ass now...I miss that tough MF'r in my life. He just wanted to do what his place in life was raising 11 hell-raisers. I can't blame him for being tough on us. It made us who we are today.

Last edited:

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
full time 4x4, gets about 8 miles to the gallon. had 3" side pipes on it for a long time.
took about 2 years to put it all together from parts
hell yeah ! Whats it got ? 390 460 300?

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spot on posts guys... I grew up in the late 60's/70's...I was the youngest of 11 children. My momma and daddy had no patience for me, after seeing the train wrecks that came before me with my brothers and sisters. My old man used to make us get on our hands and knees pulling dandelions, weeds outta the front and back yard...you'd do it from the time you came home from school, til it was time to eat. Then you'd try to do the homework thing and take your ass to bed. He was a MF'r on us...but he meant well tryuibg to teach us idiots something back in those days. And he stood his ground, and couldn't none of us sons *f-word with him...he was an ass kicker, and he knew it. And he would impose his will on you. I watched my bad ass daddy succumb to Alzheimer's Disease for seven years before he passed away. Even at almost 50 yrs old now...I wish my ol' man could come back and just whip my ass now...I miss that tough MF'r in my life. He just wanted to do what his place in life was raising 11 hell-raisers. I can't blame him for being tough on us. It made us who we are today.

You and I are more alike than what I realized. Our parents instilled some things in us that made our work ethic what it is today. Both my sons are in management positions. They told me they have to hire over 6 people of their generation to get one to stay. Thanks for posting this -- My dad is still with me, but he taught me a lot, mom as well. I hope to count a few more blessings tomorrow.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I stopped by our local Bass Pro Shop today. I enjoyed browsing. I also stopped in the snack shop and bought some wonderful candied pecans. They were two packs for $6.99, and a bottle water $1.49. The young fellow said at first that will be $12.99. I said: Sir that is just not possible -- his eyes bugged out as if "are you serious dude?" I pointed out that the pecans were $6.99 and the water $1.49 -- the total would not be $12.99. He looked at his screen and said: "Oh, I hit a wrong button..." :(

Why can these folks not add anything much in their head (at least a ball park figure :cool:)?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I stopped by our local Bass Pro Shop today. I enjoyed browsing. I also stopped in the snack shop and bought some wonderful candied pecans. They were two packs for $6.99, and a bottle water $1.49. The young fellow said at first that will be $12.99. I said: Sir that is just not possible -- his eyes bugged out as if "are you serious dude?" I pointed out that the pecans were $6.99 and the water $1.49 -- the total would not be $12.99. He looked at his screen and said: "Oh, I hit a wrong button..." :(

Why can these folks not add anything much in their head (at least a ball park figure :cool:)?
What do you mean I got to work!

Thats the problem

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
3:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Simple math seems to be on the low side of the new generation. I did two years of Algebra 10th and 11th grade and I'd put an equation on the board for a 12th grade public schooler and he wouldn't know how to solve it.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Simple math seems to be on the low side of the new generation. I did two years of Algebra 10th and 11th grade and I'd put an equation on the board for a 12th grade public schooler and he wouldn't know how to solve it.
I probably couldn't at this point