Random Thought Of The Day

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was in a convenience store in Liberty MO Middle aged gal giving the clerk hell for her stuff not having an expiration date or it was expired i couldn't catch all the details she left without paying for her bottled Water, clerk pulled the money out of his pocket.

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have come to realize that I love answering calls from unknown caller numbers just to find out they are call center or advertising companies so I hang up and block their numbers!

I must have 50+ of those numbers blocked by now.

Blocked 2 just today!
For telemarketing calls, I often employ a Bela Lugosi tone while braying, "Lars & Lars Funeral Home, J.W. Lars Embalmer & Director speaking...how can I hopes you?" 💀 :lily: :wave1: :oops::angel2:
99% hang up @ at light speed!:car::cunaooooo:

Nate.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well today I was at work wearing a tyvek suite & respirator while pushing insulation bats into the ceiling above. I thought to myself wouldn’t it be great if fiberglass insulation didn’t itch! Oh and I also wondered to myself if the spray foam insulation that went onto the backside of the roof shear was worth $34k

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was in a convenience store in Liberty MO Middle aged gal giving the clerk hell for her stuff not having an expiration date or it was expired i couldn't catch all the details she left without paying for her bottled Water, clerk pulled the money out of his pocket.

I hope it wasn't my sister (one of my sisters lives near Liberty)

She doesn't make much of a ruckus thou, I doubt it was her.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well today I was at work wearing a tyvek suite & respirator while pushing insulation bats into the ceiling above. I thought to myself wouldn’t it be great if fiberglass insulation didn’t itch! Oh and I also wondered to myself if the spray foam insulation that went onto the backside of the roof shear was worth $34k
How many inches and square foot of foam was blown on?

Closed or open cell?

Reactions: Lnk

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Reactions: Lnk

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Residential. The sprinklers are code for new construction in Nevada county.

The ski towns in the counties in CO are the strict ones, that require sprinklers in homes. They also make us build, 5/8 double layer sheetrock boxes around all can lights and fire caulk them. Among other fire stops, in the floor joists cavities, 1st to 2nd floor.

Apsen, Vail, Beaver Creek, and Durango are pretty nuts on fire stops/blocks, and some of their codes. I knocked the head off a sprinkler 20-21 years ago in Aspen, flipping sheets around not paying attention. It made a hell of a mess.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Aprox 4” thick, closed cell, 2000sqft of floor but it’s the roof so slightly over. View attachment 404358View attachment 404359
Okay, that foam job would cost less than 16k over here. I was curious to see what the price difference would be. I have a cousin that does foam and depending on the job it around 1.60 to 1.80 per inch per square foot foam and labor. Closed cell foam.

Nate.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting! My boss wasn’t overly happy with the estimate. He was figuring up material cost etc & the numbers just weren’t adding up very well.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My neighbor has been "breaking in" his rebuilt tractor/engine since before Christmas.
He started with letting the tractor run on high idle 2-3 hours twice a day every day, even Sundays.
Since this Monday he runs the tractor on even higher high idle continuously from 9-10 AM till 4-5 PM.

I know I have a couple bugs in my head, but what he is doing is insane!
Or am I wrong?

I own the same model tractor, without load its engine block does not get any meaningful temps in the summer, lest in the winter.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My neighbor has been "breaking in" his rebuilt tractor/engine since before Christmas.
He started with letting the tractor run on high idle 2-3 hours twice a day every day, even Sundays.
Since this Monday he runs the tractor on even higher high idle continuously from 9-10 AM till 4-5 PM.

I know I have a couple bugs in my head, but what he is doing is insane!
Or am I wrong?

I own the same model tractor, without load its engine block does not get any meaningful temps in the summer, lest in the winter.
Agreed. He’s just wasting fuel and not actually loading the engine enough to seat the rings. One or 2 warm up cycles would have been enough to verify that everything is OK, then it should get loaded and worked hard. The best diesel engines are the ones that get worked.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agreed. He’s just wasting fuel and not actually loading the engine enough to seat the rings. One or 2 warm up cycles would have been enough to verify that everything is OK, then it should get loaded and worked hard. The best diesel engines are the ones that get worked.
My thoughts too!

It is an atmospheric 2.5 liter 3 cylinder, the fan is always running as it is direct belt driven.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Letting it sit and idle like that without a load will glaze the cylinders. The rings will never fully seat and the tractor will be weaker, harder to start, and smike.more because of it. Not to mention it's lifespan will be less.

When I rebuild a diesel tractor, I let it run without a load long nought to get it up to operating temperatures, then let it cool all the way down. Then do the same thing again, after it hits operating temperature this time, I take it out and run it for half and hour at 50% load with rpms at pto speed or higher, then 75% load for half and hour at pto speed or higher, then as hard as it can be pushed without getting hot for 15 minutes at pto speed or higher. This gives the rings a good start in seating. After this I run it as I normally would, but still load it up all the way again at times just make sure the rings stay seated good and proper.

Maybe I'm nuts?

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Maybe I'm nuts?
Is there actually any doubt? :thinking:

You being "here" is proof enough! :thumbsup:

The same neighbor always let his NEW Stihl chainsaws idle for 3-4 full tanks of fuel worth - poor things would jump all around on his concrete covered yard.
I guess when the saw stops "jumping around" it was considered broken in. :(

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there actually any doubt? :thinking:

You being "here" is proof enough! :thumbsup:

The same neighbor always let his NEW Stihl chainsaws idle for 3-4 full tanks of fuel worth - poor things would jump all around on his concrete covered yard.
I guess when the saw stops "jumping around" it was considered broken in. :(
That guy needs to be educated.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That guy needs to be educated.
An old a$$ can't be taught to pull a cart!

Or something like that, an Croatian saying.
I guess something gets lost in translation.

His tractor is running right now, I am uphill/above his yard so I hear the engine very clearly.
Poor thing must be running 1.5+k rpm!
For that tractor ~900 rpm is spec for normal idle and at that rpm one can hear a distinct "tuck/tuck/tuck" engine sound.
His tractor sounds like "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr".

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just got good news from a neighbor slash coworker, all Fridays February & March have been declared non-work due to lack of orders!

Who wants to come celebrate?
Whooohooo :aplastao: :beer-toast1: