Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The smell of clean mineral oil (my B&C oil) on my fingers/hands is intoxicating!

Is that wrong or do others feel the same? :oops:

Yes, I am sitting in my hot shop drinking wine and sniffing my hands! :p

It was a good day.
Many things could have gone sideways, none did! :cool:

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dated a girl who'd grab and hug me (after work) when I was splattered in that brown, sulpher added "machinists cologne"
I'd kinda half-assed try to avoid it because I didn't want to get that stuff or risk any stray cuttings getting on her clothes.

Me: I'm grimy and it stinks, but you still do it?
Her response was something along the lines of "I just love the smell of a man with a job".

ehh, that brown oil definitely had a smell.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
10:30 PM and it is 13°C outside!
Damn, this winter is cruel.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dated a girl who'd grab and hug me (after work) when I was splattered in that brown, sulpher added "machinists cologne"
I'd kinda half-assed try to avoid it because I didn't want to get that stuff or risk any stray cuttings getting on her clothes.

Me: I'm grimy and it stinks, but you still do it?
Her response was something along the lines of "I just love the smell of a man with a job".

ehh, that brown oil definitely had a smell.
i used to climb trees daily and would get filthy dirty. i would often work without a shirt on. i would stop and have happy hour with my sister whom worked in a fancy lawyers office. on the 30th floor of that building is one of the ni est places in the city. i got hit on all the time in that place being filthy dirty and smelling like a working man. the men in their suits couldnt understand why the hotties were hanging around me. but they did. it was a great place for me.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i used to climb trees daily and would get filthy dirty. i would often work without a shirt on. i would stop and have happy hour with my sister whom worked in a fancy lawyers office. on the 30th floor of that building is one of the ni est places in the city. i got hit on all the time in that place being filthy dirty and smelling like a working man. the men in their suits couldnt understand why the hotties were hanging around me. but they did. it was a great place for me.
Some of my best and most unexpected times were just from stopping at some beer joint after work on Fri or Sat. Was most likely riding the bike (81 lowrider)
Still a bit gruby and just wanting one cold one and head home.
Those were often the times I'd just be shooting the sh## with someone and end up invited to someones cookout or something.
End up not getting home till the next day.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did anyone else other than me got logged out of OPE Forum these past 12+ hours.

There is no issue to report so far, I logged right back in just thought it weird. :thinking:

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
6:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine ain't so random. I've spent the week correcting others' work and picking up where others stopped and quit (literally quit).

I've been in my field for 17 years. I used to admire everyone around me, now I'm disappointed in most.

Is it me? Is it perspective? Have others always been the same and as I've become experienced, they just look different? Was I surrounded by turds then too, but didn't know it?

Or are we heading to idiocracy?

Is everyone around me thinking the same thing?

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have come to realize that I love answering calls from unknown caller numbers just to find out they are call center or advertising companies so I hang up and block their numbers!

I must have 50+ of those numbers blocked by now.

Blocked 2 just today!
I take a different approach. I try to keep them on the phone as long as I can, stringing them along and feigning interest. 33 minutes is my personal best. I have been sworn at, and hung up on, and have learned many new to me words. I managed to ask one of them once if they have a do not call list. He said they did, and was adding my number to it. I rarely get marketing calls anymore.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have come to realize that I love answering calls from unknown caller numbers just to find out they are call center or advertising companies so I hang up and block their numbers!

I must have 50+ of those numbers blocked by now.

Blocked 2 just today!

I take a different approach. I try to keep them on the phone as long as I can, stringing them along and feigning interest. 33 minutes is my personal best. I have been sworn at, and hung up on, and have learned many new to me words. I managed to ask one of them once if they have a do not call list. He said they did, and was adding my number to it. I rarely get marketing calls anymore.