Problem with foredom handpieces

mettee

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its a dental head(obviously) with a custom adapter, the adapter is the harder part.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its a dental head(obviously) with a custom adapter, the adapter is the harder part.

Yup, cheap NSK knock off push button slow speed contra head. They don't last very long before you strip the drive tang out of the head. You have to find 3/32" shaft burrs and grind the latch style groove and drive flat on them.

The adapter I made. They suck to make on a manual lathe, deep precision bore for bearings and small pitch threads make it easy to mess up the whole part.

mortalitool

aka Nick Stoeckel
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup, cheap NSK knock off push button slow speed contra head. They don't last very long before you strip the drive tang out of the head. You have to find 3/32" shaft burrs and grind the latch style groove and drive flat on them.

The adapter I made. They suck to make on a manual lathe, deep precision bore for bearings and small pitch threads make it easy to mess up the whole part.

Ah i see.

homemade.

Cool.

I have a cc specialty 90 DEG 182 amc. Works well. was just seeing what else I could add to my collection.

The hot chick in the red bikini top....how much for that? lol

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah i see.

homemade.

Cool.

I have a cc specialty 90 DEG 182 amc. Works well. was just seeing what else I could add to my collection.

The hot chick in the red bikini top....how much for that? lol

The other two are the 182mc from CC. They work really well but can be a little big in small cylinders. That's why I made these.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Moar better. I hope this enough pins now.

282bcb05df256afd84e8a1c9cadcd574.jpg

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What is that small angle grinder in the pic? I might need one of those.

That's a Foredom attachment on a #30 handpiece. I use the heck out of it. It's great for little jobs and it much more precise and quiet than an air one.

They come with all sorts of back plate options but I just stick to the 2" roll lock back plate and disks. I'm about due for a new back plate... I wonder if they sell those separately.

https://www.foredom.net/ak69110.aspx

cowroy

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would someone mind posting a picture of what you would get that are still quality equipment, but no more than you have to have to port a cylinder including upper transfers please?

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would someone mind posting a picture of what you would get that are still quality equipment, but no more than you have to have to port a cylinder including upper transfers please?

I'd say this is the cheapest with quality tools for motor and handpieces. Burrs and such are another story.

CC Specialties 182AMC right angle
Foredom SR motor kit with #30 handpiece
Foredom #28 handpiece for tight spots and finish work.

You can substitute the Foredom SR motor kit with a cheaper knock off motor. I'd recommend finding on with reverse and pay attention to the speed, some are pretty slow. The Foredom SR motor is supposedly 18k RPM, Mastercarver makes one that is 30k.