High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Piston wash patterns

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Most saws I see with cooked piston undersides were ran lean or with shît oil. When 2 of 4 of the same model were run on cheap oil and were cooked, and the other 2 were run on H1r and Red Armor are fine, should I only advance the last 2? Or recommend a better oil to the first 2?
That is very good question.
Running leaner with no hot spots makes more power and avoids other problems. You be the judge.
I didn't know I was supposed to laugh, or what to laugh about.
Keep up

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Totally agree with you Kevin. When that cooked (almost new) 461 came in to me, the entire top of the piston was black but the plug looked brand new and the inside of the muffler was very clean.

I called the Tree Guy and said "you are running Stihl oil in that saw, right?". He sheepishly replied to me (we have had this conversations previously) "yes".

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
3:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No thanks to the odd bent exit exhaust port and baffle in the muffler

Sent from my INE-LX2r using Tapatalk

The baffle is pretty well mitigated on this saw, but the bend doesn’t help anything. I think this one is user error. L was 5 turns out when it came in.

NightRogue

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
wash on that 2511t is a very interesting subject

For those who've been inside one of these, the upper transfers are angled differently(vertical) pto vs flywheel. Area on the pto side transfers are greater than flywheel side. Lower transfer stuffer could be more on reducing flow on one side rather than increasing pressure.

If you guys follow, the wash is pretty neat and carbon is in a pyramid shape. As if the exhaust port exit is straight out, looks like the engineera were trying to counter that odd exit by adjusting transfer angle and area

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The baffle is pretty well mitigated on this saw, but the bend doesn’t help anything. I think this one is user error. L was 5 turns out when it came in.
I have a 2511t that would not run out of the box. I could not get it to run right by following the factory instructions either. It has ended up at around 5 turns out on the low side in order to get rid of the bog and have it start on one pull.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
3:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
wash on that 2511t is a very interesting subject

For those who've been inside one of these, the upper transfers are angled differently(vertical) pto vs flywheel. Area on the pto side transfers are greater than flywheel side. Lower transfer stuffer could be more on reducing flow on one side rather than increasing pressure.

If you guys follow, the wash is pretty neat and carbon is in a pyramid shape. As if the exhaust port exit is straight out, looks like the engineera were trying to counter that odd exit by adjusting transfer angle and area

The cylinder flange and case are also very restrictive at the transfer lowers.