OPE fantasy football

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
5:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just tell me how this "fantasy football" stuff works and I'm in.
We all take turns "drafting" a team of players that you "own" for the season. Each week you fill out a roster from your drafted team and compete against another league member who does the same. Points are awarded based on the performance(yards gained, TDs scored) of your players.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We all take turns "drafting" a team of players that you "own" for the season. Each week you fill out a roster from your drafted team and compete against another league member who does the same. Points are awarded based on the performance(yards gained, TDs scored) of your players.
Is there a pool we all draft out of? Is cross-team drafting allowed? How does the weekly competition work? Do we take the stats our individual players rack up in real games and just add them up and apply them to the weekly thing? Sorry about all the questions, but I only have a vague idea of how real sports work so I know even less about fantasy stuff. Also, when would this begin?

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there a pool we all draft out of? Is cross-team drafting allowed? How does the weekly competition work? Do we take the stats our individual players rack up in real games and just add them up and apply them to the weekly thing? Sorry about all the questions, but I only have a vague idea of how real sports work so I know even less about fantasy stuff. Also, when would this begin?
Begin by next week if we get enough. The pool of players is all NFL rostered players. Your team will be 16 players. Each week you'll start;
One QB
Two RB
Two WR
One TE
One "flex"(your choice of a RB TE or WR)
One kicker
One team defense/special team

The players you don't start will be your "bench" in case of injury or bye weeks. Google is your friend on this, but I can help you along.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I recommend watching every episode of the league

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
9:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Begin by next week if we get enough. The pool of players is all NFL rostered players. Your team will be 16 players. Each week you'll start;
One QB
Two RB
Two WR
One TE
One kicker

The players you don't start will be your "bench" in case of injury or bye weeks. Google is your friend on this, but I can help you along.
Trade limit per season?

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One QB
Two RB
Two WR
One TE
One kicker

TY for the help, time to turn to the internet.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
9:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never. I'm the bumper on a bowling lane not the gate. The folks in my league think they're so hard core trades rarely happen. It really isn't that fun post-draft day. That's not what I want.
Sorry, i'll re-phrase.
We play a version using NRL Rugby League players. But we opt for a game with a starting salary team $ cap, and you have to build a team within that amount, and trades are limited to improve that team and dump dead ducks. All league members could effectively have the same players, tho i have never seen that happen.
So what i was asking is does this version have a limit on the number of trades per season, because those trades are coming from the pool of 'currently un-owned' players i assume?

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just so you guys know, due to the lack of time we would probably just do an auto-draft, so your roster would be provided for you. You would have the ability to propose trades to others in the league if there is a player you "like". Whichever host we use provides weekly point projections for each player. If you want to learn and/or talk *s-word it would take about 10 min or less per week to enter your lineup. I've only been in a league or two for the past three years. Gunner hasn't been in for a few years. I don't think Brad has ever tried it.
Autodraft blows man
Week one won't matter just gives everyone a idea.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry, i'll re-phrase.
We play a version using NRL Rugby League players. But we opt for a game with a starting salary team $ cap, and you have to build a team within that amount, and trades are limited to improve that team and dump dead ducks. All league members could effectively have the same players, tho i have never seen that happen.
So what i was asking is does this version have a limit on the number of trades per season, because those trades are coming from the pool of 'currently un-owned' players i assume?
Those would be called waivers probably wouldn't need a limit on them.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On second thought @cuinrearview whatever makes it easier for us. I'll try to not throw wrenches in. Seems like your the commish So...
I'll schedule an online draft but it will be tough to get a time that everyone can make. So whomever doesn't make it will get the "best available" when their turn comes around.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry, i'll re-phrase.

Those would be called waivers probably wouldn't need a limit on them.
What Gunner said Adam. What you guys play we call an "auction " league. This will be what we call "standard". No limits on positions drafted. "Trades" are between team owners. "Waiver wire pickups" are for un-ownwed players. The order for waiver pickups changes weekly based on the league member's record in the league. The weaker team getting first shot.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag