Not So Pro 3

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
1:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had my own near miss with a moose years ago. Was working about 8 hours from Winnipeg in Thunder Bay and after working all day headed home for a long weekend. Was about 11pm, pitch black and I came around a corner on a 2 lane hwy doing about 70mph and all of a sudden there he was looking in my side window as I zipped past. Scared *s-wordless and wide awake the rest of the way home.

If I lived up north I would definitely have one of these on the front of my truck. Made locally and have been a pretty good customer of mine.

https://herd.com/

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
GMC Terrain 1.5 turbo

Is that the replacement for the S10 blazer?

We had S10 blazer for a while in the 1990's 4.3 V6, no complaints from me, it ran good, just oil and brakes is about all we did to it.

Other than we broke the seat frame one night getting busy wiff it in a parking lot. Seat frame snapped off right at the base.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
1:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

We had S10 blazer for a while in the 1990's 4.3 V6, no complaints from me.

Other than we broke the seat frame one night getting busy wiff it in a parking lot. Seat frame snapped off right at the base.

There really wasn't a direct replacement for it. They kind of went to minivans, then small suv's. Current replacement is probably the Blazer..

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

We had S10 blazer for a while in the 1990's 4.3 V6, no complaints from me, it ran good, just oil and brakes is about all we did to it.

what was his name?lol

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Four thugs (one for murder, one aggravated assault, the other two on dope/trafficking charges I believe) busted out of the Bibb Co LEC last night about 3:30am. This jailhouse is about 30 min’s from the house…I’ve chosen two .45’s chambered/loaded to da hilt wifs 230gr Hydra-Shoks from the armory, on opposite ends of da house. If they show up here, whether one or any configuration, I’m gonna help decrease the tax burden on the fine citizens of Bibb Co a little by giving the sob’s their last copper and lead meal.

Just remember, shoot around the Bojangles bag they are carrying so you don’t ruin your snack for later

Them Hydra-Shoks will flat *f-word up a chicken sammich

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had my own near miss with a moose years ago. Was working about 8 hours from Winnipeg in Thunder Bay and after working all day headed home for a long weekend. Was about 11pm, pitch black and I came around a corner on a 2 lane hwy doing about 70mph and all of a sudden there he was looking in my side window as I zipped past. Scared *s-wordless and wide awake the rest of the way home.

If I lived up north I would definitely have one of these on the front of my truck. Made locally and have been a pretty good customer of mine.

Those are solid looking units

I always laugh when yuppies and pussies go out and buy those cheesy ass “grill guards” made out of old chromed Coors cans that wouldn’t deflect a willow branch in a school zone

I call those “damage multipliers” because they just fold up and trash everything behind them and usually trap the hood closed

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

We drove to Lynn lake MB, on a fly in fishing trip in the late 80's, we then hopped on a beaver airplane and strapped Dads boat to the pontoon, and we flew a few more hours north. We were up there right after spring thaw. There was a skim layer of ice on the lake every morning, it melted once the sun hit it. There was still snow in the woods in places. We dug down in the ground and buried our coolers to keep our food cold, there was still ice in the ground around 10-12 inches deep. I remember our milk was frozen in the cooler, so we hung it in a tree instead of leaving it in the cooler over night. We only saw one bear the whole trip and he was no where near our camp.

We pretty much ate fish, breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was all you could eat, fishing up there was crazy good. It was supposed to be a 9 day trip, but we were there for 12 days, pilots were busy fitting a fire, so tourist got 2nd place, so we got to stay a few extra days.

There was a big bull moose that came through camp a few times, we went and sat in the boat to stay out of his way.

I remember Dad telling my sister and I, if we could not survive a night in the backyard, in our -20 mummy bags then we were not going on the trip.

So her & I, went outside and slept in our mummy bags in the snow, no tent, just to prove to him we were ready to go. Her and I still talk about that to this day, neither one of us wimped out and went back in the house before the sun came up, so we got to go on the trip.

It was a good trip, I would like to go back up there at some point.

Last edited: