Not So Pro 3

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
11:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We drove to Lynn lake MB, on a fly in fishing trip in the late 80's, we then hopped on a beaver airplane and strapped Dads boat to the pontoon, and we flew a few more hours north. We were up there right after spring thaw. There was a skim layer of ice on the lake every morning, it melted once the sun hit it. There was still snow in the woods in places. We dug down in the ground and buried our coolers to keep our food cold, there was still ice in the ground around 10-12 inches deep. I remember our milk was frozen in the cooler, so we hung it in a tree instead of leaving it in the cooler over night. We only saw one bear the whole trip and he was no where near our camp.

We pretty much ate fish, breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was all you could eat, fishing up there was crazy good. It was supposed to be a 9 day trip, but we were there for 12 days, pilots were busy fitting a fire, so tourist got 2nd place, so we got to stay a few extra days.

There was a big bull moose that came through camp a few times, we went and sat in the boat to stay out of his way.

I remember Dad telling my sister and I, if we could not survive a night in the backyard, in our -20 mummy bags then we were not going on the trip.

So her & I, went outside and slept in our mummy bags in the snow, no tent, just to prove to him we were ready to go. Her and I still talk about that to this day, neither one of us wimped out and went back in the house before the sun came up, so we got to go on the trip.

It was a good trip, I would like to go back up there at some point.
We did a family camping trip up to Lynn Lake when I was 6 or 7. Dad had been up there for work (railroad) and wanted us all to experience the beauty. It has had some rough times since the gold mine closed. I think at one point you could get a house from the town is you agreed to pay the taxes on it for 5 years or something.

I spent a summer working up in Pukatawagan which is southern to Lynn Lake but without road access. Would often spend my Sunday off paddling around the lake and was not uncommon to see a moose then. Was startled a few times rounding a bend to see just a head and antlers looking at me with the rest of it in the lake cooling off.

IMG_0235.png

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When we finally decided to help him by stopping helping him
That's where everyone messes up. They wind up loving their kids to death....literally. When dealing with an addict, take them to the end of the driveway, tell them they can turn left, or right....but that they can't turn around. That's how you save them.

I was never strung out like a heroin addict. I was a functional addict. I was doing 500mg of morphine a day, and a couple of grams of methamphetamine....but I had two framing crews going wide open. I built up an incredible tolerance to drugs over a couple of decades. When I quit, I had seizures from withdrawal. I vowed to never feel like that again. But....I wasn't done yet. I never did another pain pill....instead I drank non stop. It was finding out that my liver was not functioning properly that finally made me stop everything. Next month, on the 20th.....I'll have 18 years clean and sober.

I pray that your son finds as great a life in recovery that I've found.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those are solid looking units

I always laugh when yuppies and pussies go out and buy those cheesy ass “grill guards” made out of old chromed Coors cans that wouldn’t deflect a willow branch in a school zone

I call those “damage multipliers” because they just fold up and trash everything behind them and usually trap the hood closed
I’ve often considered one of the Setina guards they have on cop cars for the Explorer, but the wife already hates how much it looks like a cop car.

JoeDirt

Piss Jug Tosser
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I don't pass the class i pay to reimburse the school. Kept my mouth shut
I might've been out the money lol
I’ve often considered one of the Setina guards they have on cop cars for the Explorer, but the wife already hates how much it looks like a cop car.
I'm with the wife on that... making your car look like a cop car is a douchebag move.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We did a family camping trip up to Lynn Lake when I was 6 or 7. Dad had been up there for work (railroad) and wanted us all to experience the beauty. It has had some rough times since the gold mine closed. I think at one point you could get a house from the town is you agreed to pay the taxes on it for 5 years or something.

I spent a summer working up in Pukatawagan which is southern to Lynn Lake but without road access. Would often spend my Sunday off paddling around the lake and was not uncommon to see a moose then. Was startled a few times rounding a bend to see just a head and antlers looking at me with the rest of it in the lake cooling off.

View attachment 393808

I remember mining was big up there. One day we were in camp having lunch this lady came walking into camp out of the blue. I remember looking at my sister and thinking, who the hell, is this lady where did she come from, we thought we were all alone up there.

She said she knew we were there, they had camp set up a few lakes over and they survey land in the summer, and then they mine it out in the winter when the ground is frozen. She had a big revolver on her hip she showed us was her bear protection.

I'd have to ask my Dad the name of lake we went to, it was something with a B. It sounded like booty with a Z air on the end of it. Bootazaira or bootyzara was how it sounded. It was a chain lake I remember we had access to a few other lakes, with out portaging. Our main lake was booty something.

The first time we saw that moose he was coming out of the water, as we were coming back from morning fishing. Dad backed off and let him have his space. It sure is beautiful up there.

3browns

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's where everyone messes up. They wind up loving their kids to death....literally. When dealing with an addict, take them to the end of the driveway, tell them they can turn left, or right....but that they can't turn around. That's how you save them.

I was never strung out like a heroin addict. I was a functional addict. I was doing 500mg of morphine a day, and a couple of grams of methamphetamine....but I had two framing crews going wide open. I built up an incredible tolerance to drugs over a couple of decades. When I quit, I had seizures from withdrawal. I vowed to never feel like that again. But....I wasn't done yet. I never did another pain pill....instead I drank non stop. It was finding out that my liver was not functioning properly that finally made me stop everything. Next month, on the 20th.....I'll have 18 years clean and sober.

I pray that your son finds as great a life in recovery that I've found.
Thank you for sharing and caring Randy

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I might've been out the money lol

I'm with the wife on that... making your car look like a cop car is a douchebag move.
I don’t disagree It is funny when people see me in their rear view and slow down.

Bone stock, haven’t done a thing to enhance the look,just all black, no chrome looks intimidating to some…

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worst case I get to see my Mom, who also lives in mississippi about an hour away. I've not seen Mom, in almost 9 years.

I was invited for an extended visit this summer to mississippi, it's just so damn hot there for this northern hillbilly, going that far south in the summer, I'd melt.

Last time I went to mississippi in the summer, my nads stuck to my thigh all week.