High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Not So Pro 3

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
3:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
No just take it as it comes. Weekly checks of the church, always find something. The church has been closed since March 6th. They do live stream on Sunday morning a service, but only 2 or 3 people are in the church.
Have they given any time frame as to when you may be back to a full Sunday service

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
we are trained and we have lost a couple on the job over stuff overlooked
the last job i was on that there was a death it was a insulator working on a duct that we was going to be replacing while it was running me and 2 other guys was about 40 feet above it when it happened and the guys i was working with said they could hear him screaming

needless to say that doesnt happen anymore and if caught on duct off a walkway you get fired
we are not allowed to cross a handrail even if scaffolding on both sides
the iron workers have to cut sections out and carpenters have to put in swing gates
if they catch you with a handle or guard missing off a grinder you get fired even if it is stored unplugged in your bucket with cord wrapped around it
we have to be tied off on anything 4 feet or more above a landing and yes safety guys do measure the heights of the work area
safety violations make it where you are not only fired from the company working for but also the power company we work at

its gotten so the only thing they *b-word about anymore on safety walkdowns is housekeeping which mean very little
Jeez, what the hellz do they let y'all do up there?
Most of us down here are non union, and we dont have the safety problems.
Most stuff is either company mandated or customer cooperated. Usually a combination of both.
We have a FEW rogues, but they get sent home pretty quick.
Even when working at union facilities, we mesh well. We try to be at or above the needed safety requirements.
Sometimes we do have to put up with some BS, but its easy to work with. Just slow down, take the extra steps, and know you get paid by the hour.
Never been any harm done being TOO SAFE(unless contracts underbid it)...

Slumberjack

Team OPE benchwarmer
Local time
2:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We didnt have the vidya games when I was a kid.
My friend that had Asthma had an old Atari that I got to go play Space invaders and Pac-man on once in a while.
Little brother got a Super Nintendo for Christmas one year. He played it a good bit. I was usually out checking/fixing fence or tending to the garden by then.
I didnt get grounded. I just got the leather and a discussion on why it happened.
Looking Back, I believe that was the best thing my dad could have done. I'm not scarred or traumatised by any of it. Quite the opposite. It made me understand right from wrong, and taught me a lot about how the world really is.
I had me a Ntendo when I was a kid. Mario and duck hunter baw lol

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jeez, what the hellz do they let y'all do up there?
Most of us down here are non union, and we dont have the safety problems.
Most stuff is either company mandated or customer cooperated. Usually a combination of both.
We have a FEW rogues, but they get sent home pretty quick.
Even when working at union facilities, we mesh well. We try to be at or above the needed safety requirements.
Sometimes we do have to put up with some BS, but its easy to work with. Just slow down, take the extra steps, and know you get paid by the hour.
Never been any harm done being TOO SAFE(unless contracts underbid it)...
things have changed in the 20 years ive been doing it
they are more worried about safety and insurance rates which is good for us but it does slow jobs down

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the plus side once you are in shopping is is relaxed with the restricted amount of people in the store.
There is only one good thing about sports and that is when there's a game on, that's when I go to home depot or wherever I need to go. Every ones at home yelling at the TV and I have the store mostly to myself