PAST Northern Wisconsin GTG and races September 25th

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
5:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok I’m in. Wife has been telling me to get to some this year and I should be able to get away come fall. Steve are you going to start a list of things that should be brought up for meals or anything else

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok I’m in. Wife has been telling me to get to some this year and I should be able to get away come fall. Steve are you going to start a list of things that should be brought up for meals or anything else

Hey Nic, ya we can get into that I'm sure.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
GTG 2.333.

That's bow season, but I suppose I can take a day off. Only for Gunther though. Everyone else can GFY.

it’s not like you don’t have enough deer from last season that you can’t take a weekend off bish

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
6:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Might get some kinda critters lured in here.
View attachment 295054
Besides looking cool, is there a benefit to that stacking method? Wood stay drier if uncovered or sumpin? You probably tarp it hence the water juggs.

The porta shelter my wood is in was left here by a buddy that used it to store his stuff for cpl class range day. Its about to be torn down as mother nature has made it her beatch. Anyway, looking for a way to keep the camp fire wood burnable without building a shelter.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Besides looking cool, is there a benefit to that stacking method? Wood stay drier if uncovered or sumpin? You probably tarp it hence the water juggs.

The porta shelter my wood is in was left here by a buddy that used it to store his stuff for cpl class range day. Its about to be torn down as mother nature has made it her beatch. Anyway, looking for a way to keep the camp fire wood burnable without building a shelter.

The ibc tote method they came up with over at FHC forum seems to be all the rage theses days.

e93ec976ac2574c9ba87f4e0288b36a6.jpg

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Main benefit here is extra storage besides woodshed. In general terms though, it dries best out in the sun and the wind and even without, just the convection of the day/night temps gets air moving through it.
The tarps come once freezing weather comes to keep snow and ice off the wood so it can be used. In summertime it's best left alone, they shed water quite well.
Considering doing a toss in affair with pallets and snow fencing for a fast fill.