Not open for further replies.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
11:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
same here man, just waiting for the hammer to fall. every single case we have had has been associated with the airport in traverse city (an hour away) or people from chicago or new york. same thing, resort community that attracts people from all over
Even down here I feel like I'm seeing a higher than normal proportion of out of state plates.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
11:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
around crystal lake, its probably 90% ohio, illinois, NY, PA and missouri plates. a little indiana sprinkled in there. a couple weeks ago there was a bump in cases from a woman from new york who travelled while sypmtomatic and was hospitalized the day after she got here. id like to punch that f-ing Dall, im sorry. how selfish/arrogant/ignorant can a person be?

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
a couple weeks ago there was a bump in cases from a woman from new york who travelled while sypmtomatic and was hospitalized the day after she got here. how selfish/arrogant/ignorant can a person be?
Or purposeful.
One has to wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's very hard to cipher this out, I took numerous days for me to ponder this over before I could make even an uncertain decision.
There are more non-residents with homes here than local yocals, the infection being brought here, doesn't get counted here, it gets counted in their home town(city) even if it's contracted here. So it took some hearsay from local professionals, actual data to the county, a wild guess on unreported cases and the fact that there isn't anywhere one can go without mandatory wearing of a mask at this time. After it's all put together, it doesn't look so good like it used to. We now have more local cases now than when the lock-down occurred. Which did stabilize it in short order. The tourists flooded us with more than just their presence I guess it could be said. Those numbers, though unofficial are staggering. After figuring out there's no way I could not 100% guarantee not catching this myself, lead to my decision, which might even go against my personal beliefs of this whole thing, but, matters not, at this point in time it wouldn't be prudent to do so.

I did have more fun stuff thought of for this year, maybe with more time now some more can be made to happen next year.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
same here man, just waiting for the hammer to fall. every single case we have had has been associated with the airport in traverse city (an hour away) or people from chicago or new york. same thing, resort community that attracts people from all over

I don't think anyone's bank account or pocket book is going to tell any tourist to stay home like we did before and they came anyway then.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same issue here, my town has a population of 400 and because of vacationers we have been floating in the 5-10,000 range! I wonder if any of those people have thought about how our tiny clinic that is sized for a town of 400, will be able to handle the wave that has started coming?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
around crystal lake, its probably 90% ohio, illinois, NY, PA and missouri plates. a little indiana sprinkled in there. a couple weeks ago there was a bump in cases from a woman from new york who travelled while sypmtomatic and was hospitalized the day after she got here. id like to punch that f-ing Dall, im sorry. how selfish/arrogant/ignorant can a person be?

I'd say selfish, didn't want to be in a NYC hospital probably.

duwem

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let us know if you have one in 2021. Would like to play with my new toy.

Attachments

• A67F366D-338B-4A6B-8F06-88E66390299F.jpeg
    A67F366D-338B-4A6B-8F06-88E66390299F.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.