New truck

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
5:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That open rear diff with the “one wheel peel” is probably most of the reason why it’s a little hairy in 2wd in the snow. I would just put it in 4x4 as soon as there’s a little snow on the road. Tires will help a little. But a limited slip/locker would be a noticeable difference. I would start with the tires first and see how it goes. I usually turn traction control off in snow. It just holds me back from doing what I want, but that’s just my preference. I always take every new to me vehicle to a empty snowy parking lot to see how it handles at the limits so I know how to handle it when it comes time.

Last edited:

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That open rear diff with the “one wheel peel” is probably most of the reason why it’s a little hairy in 2wd in the snow. I would just put it in 4x4 as soon as there’s a little snow on the road. Tires will help a little. But a limited slip/locker would be a noticeable difference. I would start with the tires first and see how it goes. I usually turn traction control off in snow. It just holds me back from doing what I want, but that’s just my preference. I always take every new to me vehicle to a empty snowy parking lot to see how it handles at the limits so I know how to handle it when it comes time.
The so-called "one wheel peel" is more stable and usable in 90% of life's situations. I leave the traction control on and it modulates the braking system to utilize the wheel with the most grip as well as slightly reducing power. This isn't the traction control of old and if you try to build the same truck on the Ford website the locking diff isn't even available, unless something has changed since I've looked last.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The so-called "one wheel peel" is more stable and usable in 90% of life's situations. I leave the traction control on and it modulates the braking system to utilize the wheel with the most grip as well as slightly reducing power. This isn't the traction control of old and if you try to build the same truck on the Ford website the locking diff isn't even available, unless something has changed since I've looked last.
Meh. I always turn that sh!t off just so I can bake the tires when I want to. Lol

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
2:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah…so when I moved to CA my cousin and his best friend and I became the 3 stooges. Our friend Daniel grew up listening to his older brothers play that 80s stuff…and he subjected us to it. I like it for sentimental reasons, though I rarely listen to it. I have this weird thing where many phases remind me of songs…

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a 2019 new well 2 years ago, it has the 5.0 and a 10 speed with 3.31s as well. Mine has an electronic locking rear differential you just pull out on the 4 wheel drive knob thingy. These get pretty decent milage not quite as good as an eco boost but not far off. You will be a happy camper.

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
9:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not sure, none of them are a lot of money...thats for sure.
Strut spacers aren't legal here, so any levelling is normally achieved with a coil spring change.

These tyres.....if its on 275/60R20s then that's 33inch already.
275 times 60% = 165mm. Times two sidewalls (top and bottom) is 165 x 2 = 330mm. Into inches, 330/25.4 = 13 inches of sidewalls. Plus 20 inch rim = 33 inch.

You sure you need to change em?

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Strut spacers aren't legal here, so any levelling is normally achieved with a coil spring change.

275 times 60% = 165mm. Times two sidewalls (top and bottom) is 165 x 2 = 330mm. Into inches, 330/25.4 = 13 inches of sidewalls. Plus 20 inch rim = 33 inch.

Earlier I said I'm going to leave them the same size, I did the mathing after saying 33s.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry, missed it. Saw you say "keeping the 20s", thought you meant rim size not entire oem wheel tire combo. Carry on. :)
Yeah i actually really like the factory wheels on it. No desire to change those! They sure make a pretty truck. It scoots too, least I hope it does with over 400 horsepower

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
4:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Illegal car mods? Whats that?

And heres a nifty tire calculator thingy.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...gQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0rWym-PbZpKJN3Z0VrU2Sc