High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

New work/ woods truck

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
3:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Ok i wasnt sure what you meant.nissan is installing cummins in there new truck line in both full and mid size

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I honestly dont own a diesel i have a 5.3 sierra myself dont really need a disel for my needs. got buddys who have them all and road and drove all there vehicles im partial to the older duramax with the allison tranny im courious to see how nissan is gonna stack now they offer the cummins.im not a dodge guy dont like there interiors and bodys and there tranny is biggest problem has been in mopar for years but that cummins is tough to beat .i wish ford had never left the 7.3 international and started there own line nothing could hardly compare to the 7.3 in my opinion other then the cummins just my 2 cents thanx

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bulletproof 6.0 is a good truck. The 68rfe since the 6.7 Cummins holds up good to about 650~. Then it's hard to fit bigger parts in the case. The G56 manual would start breaking about 800 hp. The aluminum case just isn't strong enough for that load.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has about 6,500 miles on it now.
You must not be having the trouble with the sensors yet, or they have changed them. My work truck has 50,000 on it and spends a day or two every other month running down a sensor problem it seems. Wait until you get the "Stop Safely Now" message. If nothing seems wrong, DO NOT DO IT! It will shut off where you stop, on it's own. Mine has been the DEF sensor 3-4 times now. I always top off DEF at a truckstop on the way home so I know it is full. The dealer acts like I am an idiot until they can't put over a quart in it! Then they back up and punt. The stealership says Ford knows of the problem, and mine has been "updated". I have also had it do it with a failed EGT sensor. It was recalled last year. We have multiple brands of diesels in this region for work. ALL of them have sensor trouble. It could be where we drive (gravel, dirt, muddy roads) all the time, or it could be a real problem for all newer vehicles. The common denominator is the EPA.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I know epa screws everything up saws diesels even on my 5.3 gas its called active fuel managment shuts fire off on 4 cylinders on highway for fuel economy has diff lifters on cylinders that shut down.i was using a qt of oul every 1200 miles never leaking a drop.there is update by gm to flush cylinders 4 at a time bdc let flush sit 3 hours with plugs out.then do other 4 cylinders change plugs change oil and an updated valve cover.and i also bought a tuner that plugs into odb2 port and truck stays in v8 mode all the time.now i dont consume anymore oul between changes before it would say check oil level low and it was happening every 1000 to 1200 miles.problem is the fuel is sitting there spraying on the cylinders not firing and the ethonal gums those cylinders and oil gets sucked past rings and into intake and burned off it was driving me crazy.gm said if that didnt do it rering and new pistons on truck from it being gummed up.chevy said indirectly that tuner would work and the flush and it did thank god. And funny thing is my milage didnt change

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I rember the old detroit deisel the 2 stroke it was a beast some called it the driptroit

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I know epa screws everything up saws diesels even on my 5.3 gas its called active fuel managment shuts fire off on 4 cylinders on highway for fuel economy has diff lifters on cylinders that shut down.i was using a qt of oul every 1200 miles never leaking a drop.there is update by gm to flush cylinders 4 at a time bdc let flush sit 3 hours with plugs out.then do other 4 cylinders change plugs change oil and an updated valve cover.and i also bought a tuner that plugs into odb2 port and truck stays in v8 mode all the time.now i dont consume anymore oul between changes before it would say check oil level low and it was happening every 1000 to 1200 miles.problem is the fuel is sitting there spraying on the cylinders not firing and the ethonal gums those cylinders and oil gets sucked past rings and into intake and burned off it was driving me crazy.gm said if that didnt do it rering and new pistons on truck from it being gummed up.chevy said indirectly that tuner would work and the flush and it did thank god. And funny thing is my milage didnt change
You have the early one, just wait until the lifters fall apart, good news is that there are cheap and fairly easy to replace, bad news is that GM didn't learn and continued using the bad design lifters for quite a few years after fixing the oil consumption issue

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Really that dont have anything to do with the oil consumption as well does it

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If the injectors still spray fuel in the cylinders your not getting any better fuel economy. Seems it would shut fuel and spark off to them

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I wasnt getting better fuel economy.i stated my milage didnt decrease by putting prgrammer in the truck and the servive bulliten i performed myself but oil consumption did stop .also my prev.conversation about my past oil consumption is what gm dealer told me is what causes the oil consumption.i didnt buy a v8 full size truck for fuel economy anyhow.id rather burn fuel then oil.also however you wanna sum things up my oil consumption went away when i did the programner to make computer run in v8 mode the updated valve cover and the gm serv. Bulliten i performed myself.problem solved

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Gm did the same thing on the cadilacs in late 70s called 4 6 8 motor fuel managment and it consumed oil as well.why they would bring it back is beyond me it didnt work then either

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I wasnt getting better fuel economy.i stated my milage didnt decrease by putting prgrammer in the truck and the servive bulliten i performed myself but oil consumption did stop .also my prev.conversation about my past oil consumption is what gm dealer told me is what causes the oil consumption.i didnt buy a v8 full size truck for fuel economy anyhow.id rather burn fuel then oil.also however you wanna sum things up my oil consumption went away when i did the programner to make computer run in v8 mode the updated valve cover and the gm serv. Bulliten i performed myself.problem solved
That's just crazy. Well looks like you killed two birds with one stone

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What kind of fuel economy are you getting? What axle gearing?

Long live the 7.3! My DD is a '02CCSB 7.3/auto, and my work truck is a '95 7.3/5spd
Pretty sure it's still 373 gearing.
Normally about 15 mpg

Four Paws

Chrome won't get you home
Local time
1:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Pick up a new/ used work truck. That's what I have been selling saws for. Found a nice 03 Ford f350 extended cab long box v 10 with low miles. Just what I have been looking for can't wait to put it to work! Anyone here have a v10 Ford?

Post a picture!

The V10 is a workhorse and I think you will be happy with your purchase. Plus a V10 can be had so much cheaper than a diesel.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wasn't real impressed by the v 10, but I was used to my chipped 7.3

Just no comparison

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You must not be having the trouble with the sensors yet, or they have changed them. My work truck has 50,000 on it and spends a day or two every other month running down a sensor problem it seems. Wait until you get the "Stop Safely Now" message. If nothing seems wrong, DO NOT DO IT! It will shut off where you stop, on it's own. Mine has been the DEF sensor 3-4 times now. I always top off DEF at a truckstop on the way home so I know it is full. The dealer acts like I am an idiot until they can't put over a quart in it! Then they back up and punt. The stealership says Ford knows of the problem, and mine has been "updated". I have also had it do it with a failed EGT sensor. It was recalled last year. We have multiple brands of diesels in this region for work. ALL of them have sensor trouble. It could be where we drive (gravel, dirt, muddy roads) all the time, or it could be a real problem for all newer vehicles. The common denominator is the EPA.
What truck size and year?