Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I said I wouldn't buy another V8 diesel... But I did.... I found a mechanics special for next to nothing with a rust free Texas body and frame.
2012 f350 DRW crew cab 4x4 long bed CC 6.7 powerstroke with a blown headgasket.

I had to leave the country for work so I've been able to collect parts for it.

Also since I had already started on part of the motor I knew how much of a pain it would be to do some mandatory parts that it's just lead me down a rabbit hole of oh well I'm already here might as well change this too.

The build list so far.
The build so far. These are parts I've already ordered.

2020+ CP4 injection pump
Oringed and ported heads.
ARP studs
Stage 1 cam RCD
Pusher intake/piping kit.
KDD chromemoly pushrods
Titanium exhaust manifold studs.
2015+ turbo modified with 10 blade turbine, 360 kit, KC billet wheel
Airdog 5G
4" downpipe to 4" exhaust.

Cerakote exhaust manifold and piping.
255/80R17 Falken wildpeaks.

I ended up choosing to do a cam as only two bolts hold it in and I'll already be there to weld on the crank gear since for whatever the reason they thought it would be a good idea to press it on without a keyway or anything. So sometimes they are able to spin changing timing enough to destroy the top end.

The only thing that's about to be stock on this block is the rotating assembly and the mains .

There's a guy I ask questions about on these motors who runs a good sized shop someplace in the US and I made a passing joke about the rotating assembly and he chimed back when I asked him about a cam he said to himself "Damn, you might as well do rods".

Which as much as I'd like a billet rod motor a balanced assembly at the moment with the new steel pistons is $5500.
Plus I'd probably do a girdle and mains studs adding to that cost.
Edit: that being said I haven't got the heads pulled to check for damage. So that may end up happening anyway

I get some photos up here in a bit.

Attachments

• IMG-20220505-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20220505-WA0015.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-20220417-WA0022.jpg
    IMG-20220417-WA0022.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-20220417-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220417-WA0000.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-20220205-WA0020__01.jpg
    IMG-20220205-WA0020__01.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-20220505-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20220505-WA0010.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You're trowing some coin at this. Now for the monkey wrench I'll throw at ya.
If ya wanna stick to your words .......

Cummins swap. :D

While I do like the responsiveness of the V8, I do love my 7.3, nothing compares to the grunt of an inline.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
4:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I said I wouldn't buy another V8 diesel... But I did.... I found a mechanics special for next to nothing with a rust free Texas body and frame.
2012 f350 DRW crew cab 4x4 long bed CC 6.7 powerstroke with a blown headgasket.

I had to leave the country for work so I've been able to collect parts for it.

Also since I had already started on part of the motor I knew how much of a pain it would be to do some mandatory parts that it's just lead me down a rabbit hole of oh well I'm already here might as well change this too.

The build list so far.
The build so far. These are parts I've already ordered.

2020+ CP4 injection pump
Oringed and ported heads.
ARP studs
Stage 1 cam RCD
Pusher intake/piping kit.
KDD chromemoly pushrods
Titanium exhaust manifold studs.
2015+ turbo modified with 10 blade turbine, 360 kit, KC billet wheel
Airdog 5G
4" downpipe to 4" exhaust.

Cerakote exhaust manifold and piping.
255/80R17 Falken wildpeaks.

I ended up choosing to do a cam as only two bolts hold it in and I'll already be there to weld on the crank gear since for whatever the reason they thought it would be a good idea to press it on without a keyway or anything. So sometimes they are able to spin changing timing enough to destroy the top end.

The only thing that's about to be stock on this block is the rotating assembly and the mains .

There's a guy I ask questions about on these motors who runs a good sized shop someplace in the US and I made a passing joke about the rotating assembly and he chimed back when I asked him about a cam he said to himself "Damn, you might as well do rods".

Which as much as I'd like a billet rod motor a balanced assembly at the moment with the new steel pistons is $5500.
Plus I'd probably do a girdle and mains studs adding to that cost.
Edit: that being said I haven't got the heads pulled to check for damage. So that may end up happening anyway

I get some photos up here in a bit.

Damn, I thought these ran phenomenal stock. Waiting to see the finished project. Will be a fun ride!

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're trowing some coin at this. Now for the monkey wrench I'll throw at ya.
If ya wanna stick to your words .......

Cummins swap. :D

While I do like the responsiveness of the V8, I do love my 7.3, nothing compares to the grunt of an inline.

I can say these actually run great, they are no where near as lethargic as a stock 7.3.
Before I came across this one I did have a fairly different list.

6.7 4th generation dodge and do a CP3 conversion.
7.3 ford so I could swap my Cummins over to it.

But the price I saw this one for I decided just to go for it and rebuild it.

Int1968

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it a true CC or a bed delete. We run a lot of f550 at work and the derated motors are meh. Mostly emission problems but then we idle them a lot.

I’ve always wondered about the amount of emissions coming out during a regen cycle, it smells like pure poison.

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it a true CC or a bed delete. We run a lot of f550 at work and the derated motors are meh. Mostly emission problems but then we idle them a lot.

It's a true cab and chassis. It will be tuned after this to get away from that 300hp rating. It's also the reason for the 2015+ turbo as the factory 2011-2016 Cab and chassis trucks had a smaller turbo as well.

The smell is just ammonia (DEF) not really anything that's gonna hurt you.

Absolution

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I mean you can tag regularly but I won't even be back on that side of the world till the end of the year .