Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On another note, these fixes don’t appear right away. I’ve been finding that it takes a little bit for the saw to adjust before going back to normal.
I’ve been seeing the 500i begin to run better after about a tank of hard cutting. 2 tanks and she’s dialed in !

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
6:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those conditions are the minority of the end users. Manufacturers are willing to chance the minority or just overlook it.
It's quite similar with GM. Every winter when we get cold we see vehicle after vehicle with the small gas turbocharged engines all lined up because they are in reduced power mode because the intercooler froze. We install updated heated pcv kits, winter fronts, ecm calibrations to keep the tcc lockup off when cold..
But, the number of these sold in the northernmost cold climate states dwarfs the number where the problem will never arise.
Guy at work had a Malibu turbo like a 2014 he was never so happy when the deer jumped out in front of it.

TheWizard

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope he gets it figured out. I can only imagine his frustration with $10k worth of saws sitting and not out working like they should be.
With that much money tied up in saws that wont run I would be onto Stihl and asking for at least a rep to be sent out urgently. They can do it and should if they want to keep their good name.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With that much money tied up in saws that wont run I would be onto Stihl and asking for at least a rep to be sent out urgently. They can do it and should if they want to keep their good name.
He hasn't been on here in 4 months
No telling if he'll update this thread.

Reactions: Lnk