Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotta cut some hay today fellas. Taking my spring calves to sell Saturday. Sweat lodge ceremony Sunday morning. Might get back to this Sunday afternoon.

I've cut the squish band and base, and have the cylinder mapped out for port work. I'm leaving the second saw stock so I have a baseline to compare my gains to.

The plan is simple though. Add compression and squish velocity. Lower the exhaust port to 100°. Raise the transfer ports to 122° and set them to all open together. Intake and strato ports gained about 6° of duration from the machine work.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We did the sweat lodge this morning. But didn't get home till the afternoon. Then Glenda and I picked up a bunch of weeds around the edge of one of the hayfields I cut Friday. Better to do that than bale them and spread the seeds.

I might get something done on this saw tomorrow. But I have to tedder hay some time.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
7:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad to see a revision here. The 088/880 oil pump drive was a common failure point on those saws. They finally wised up here and changed the drive. The older one was much larger in diameter, and that made the wire more prone to expansion....which of course led to slippage.

View attachment 309821

Tim assured me this new one was indeed better after you & I spoke about it last week.

Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not doing any port work on it just yet. I want to run one of them stock to get a feel for what it needs. It's raining like a mfer.....

I just sat it aside and tore something else down for now.

You’ve got 2 there Pickup Sticks. Keep one Boring & get to spinning on the other one.

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm kinda surprised the aftermarket guys didn't make dual port covers for these new saws. They'd sell like crazy.

Hmmmmm.

How about Dat.

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We did the sweat lodge this morning. But didn't get home till the afternoon. Then Glenda and I picked up a bunch of weeds around the edge of one of the hayfields I cut Friday. Better to do that than bale them and spread the seeds.

I might get something done on this saw tomorrow. But I have to tedder hay some time.

It’s been 4 days: more than enough time for you to bale hay with Clydesdales & pitchforks.

Pidder Padder Pixy Stixs.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
11:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It might be cool and all to run very loud saws but hearing damage is a real thing.
Any employers would want to be careful having bark boxes on there saws and letting hired help use them for any length of time just saying..
On a individual level I guess guys running excessively loud saws won't miss there hearing until it's gone one day lol
I just find it makes me more agreeable when I don't know WTF they are saying. I hear fine unless there is a bit of back ground noise.(which seems to be most of the time) The saw that hurt my ears was a higher pitch stock 575 that i used for a month shift, slashing. So it was peaked out constantly. That's with ear muffs.

Last edited: