MS881 Autopsy

BlackCoffin

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When you get one of them big saws dialed in, it’s fun to watch them work. A 90cc saw can be made to cut faster easier I think, but put a big bar in a saw milling or stumping and you appreciate the power one can get out of them big ones.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
1:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When you get one of them big saws dialed in, it’s fun to watch them work. A 90cc saw can be made to cut faster easier I think, but put a big bar in a saw milling or stumping and you appreciate the power one can get out of them big ones.

Exactly right.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty much the same reasoning with any saw. They have a max workable bar length. You go bigger bar, then go with bigger saw. Keeps saw more usable. The longer the bar separates the men from the boys...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty much the same reasoning with any saw. They have a max workable bar length. You go bigger bar, then go with bigger saw. Keeps saw more usable. The longer the bar separates the men from the boys...

These big saws are all about heat displacement. They have a lot of mass, so they have the ability to make long cuts in big stuff without overheating. They aren't really designed with cut speed in mind.

BlackCoffin

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess that was in relation to previous unlimited coil comments. I really don’t see the point in the big saws when they’re used for their intended purposes. Race setup by all means let her rip, but you won’t see hardly any rpms with that thing working. It is good info to have though based on parts interchanging and whatnot!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess that was in relation to previous unlimited coil comments. I really don’t see the point in the big saws when they’re used for their intended purposes. Race setup by all means let her rip, but you won’t see hardly any rpms with that thing working. It is good info to have though based on parts interchanging and whatnot!

I'm not at all interested in race saws.....so as long as the engine isn't on the rpm limiter in the cut, it doesn't bother me.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Meh, you and both know this crap aint hard once you can wrap your noodle around it.

Course you been a stingy bird legged fugger with them pigs also so theres that...

Them saws y'all build with big holes in the mufflers hurt my ears so bad that I can't think about renting no swines.

Dolkitafreak

Dolkita686
Local time
2:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Them saws y'all build with big holes in the mufflers hurt my ears so bad that I can't think about renting no swines.
But if I can’t visibly see my piston moving how do I know it’s actually moving? You forgot about the variables…