Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I guess on his model ,when your in there its a good idea to change the belt up top if your gonna pop the gear box off.
Neighbors are stacking round bales right now.

I need to change the pickup reel drive belt while I'm in there too.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
7:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And I ran out of oxygen right here. FML

View attachment 310723

At this point the hardening that inner race has been through has been compromised enough that I'd give it a few hard whacks with a good chisel punch and see if you can split it

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At this point the hardening that inner race has been through has been compromised enough that I'd give it a few hard whacks with a good chisel punch and see if you can split it

It's still a little too thick....I tried.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sware bailing hay and replacing bearings is standard practice. One winter I convinced my dad to let me do all the bearings on the round nailer. Next year still had 2 go bad. Every bailer we have had ate bearings like skittles.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sware bailing hay and replacing bearings is standard practice. One winter I convinced my dad to let me do all the bearings on the round nailer. Next year still had 2 go bad. Every bailer we have had ate bearings like skittles.

I'm a lucky man. 500 rolls on this old Hesston since I got it, and this is the first bearing.

bmorrow

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does the 881 in any way help improve or streamline hay baler repairs or is that just internet lore?

It does not.

When I started this thread it was more to check out the differences between the 881 and the 880, than to showcase any mods I would be doing. But....I did get the machine work done, and have a plan for the port work.

I have a few other saws that are a bit more urgent to get out before I get back into this one....

Toward the end of the week I should be able to get something done on it.

When I started this thread I said that I wasn't really planning on doing the mods yet.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It does not.

When I started this thread it was more to check out the differences between the 881 and the 880, than to showcase any mods I would be doing. But....I did get the machine work done, and have a plan for the port work.

I have a few other saws that are a bit more urgent to get out before I get back into this one....

When I started this thread I said that I wasn't really planning on doing the mods yet.

Well what are you waiting on?

Pitter Patter Pixy Sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It does not.

urgent? Lmao