MS462 FOR SALE IN GERMANY

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
12:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Except a carb kit costs way less then a computer carb, the whole thing to a saw is KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid, when things get over thought that's where the problems begin.

Dustin if that is what works for you then that's great. For me I want my ported saws to operate the best they can and for that they need self adjusting carbs. When a guy like @awol who's email is "doittheoldway" talks about being able to mod a brand new 562XP and send it out and never have to worry that the guys is going to blow it up with a bad tune it speaks volumes to me.

Between Alan, Randy and Scott all singing the praises and my own experiences I will put full confidence in M-tron.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
1:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I am sure lots like them, but I like to be able to fix my own saws, not drive to see a kid at best buy tell me what is wrong with it.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
To me it would be like driving an electric car, just not gonna happen. Next thing will be a GPS built in so you guys can find your saws.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's not that I don't trust them. I just prefer a manual tune carb myself.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Except a carb kit costs way less then a computer carb, the whole thing to a saw is KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid, when things get over thought that's where the problems begin.

So does that mean you drive an old vehicle with a standard carb? Everyone has there own opinion but I think they need to be more open minded at these new saws. If the manufacturer trusts the auto adjust carbs in their pro saws it's only a matter of time before the old school people will have to adapt to technology

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who here remembers vacuum over electric emission controls and electronic carburetors on automobiles?

Yes......that stuff sucked. Leaking hoses, failed solenoids, etc.....

That's where we are with saws, but with better technology. We are in the electronic carb era.

Next will be fuel injection. And, I can hardly wait.

These electronic carbs ain't perfect, but they are a stepping stone on the path to EFI.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So does that mean you drive an old vehicle with a standard carb? Everyone has there own opinion but I think they need to be more open minded at these new saws. If the manufacturer trusts the auto adjust carbs in their pro saws it's only a matter of time before the old school people will have to adapt to technology
What does a car you drive on the road have to do with a saw? Comparing apples and oranges here.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll say a lot of the full time fallers I talk with regular won't run the mtronic 661. The solenoid have been too unreliable and die unexpectedly. They swap manual carbs or have went to rebuilding 660s or a few switched to 390s.

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One problem I see with the 462 is you have to remove the whole top cover to clean the filter. Plus you need a tool to do it. Smh that's foolish imho

Since it's the whole cover, at least looks to be Dzus style quarter-turn hardware.
I get tired of chasing cover clips across the shop/yard/woods when I can't remember which ones are/aren't still permanently attached.

Don't know why and shouldn't matter but I just don't like the looks of the newer whole top cover saws in general.
Maybe I associate them with homeowner saw type designs or something...

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe they are permanently attached, like they are on my 362.

I'm sure they are captive Mike, my point is that that it doesn't look like they'll need to be 'unscrewed' and the 'captive' feature probably won't fail any time soon.

Are the 362's quarter-turn?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, not always easy, you gotta lube them now & then, but luckily the filter stays pretty clean, so I don't have to remove it often.