I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
1:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only you can change your situation.

1) Do not drink Fireball.

Sober Cobby doesn't... I can't speak for drunken, 'want-to-bang-the-bartender' me; he's a rascal

2) Wear your seat belt.

I usually do... right after I verbally assault the 'bleeping, bleep bleepidy bleep bleep bleep bleeeeeeepppppin, bleep of a door'

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You need some? I am always willing to help the young folk out.
Just me.
AND I'll bring my saws so I can cut some wood along the way. Leave your saws on the shelves so they don't get dirty.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Colder plug?

I believe a plugs heat rating refers to how hot the electrode gets for its own self cleaning, not for how much heat it puts into the combustion chamber. The reach of a plug isn’t the same as it’s heat rating. A cooler plug may result in a plug that fouls quicker IMHO.

I guess if the plug is really glowing cherry red or their is preignition I could understand it. I don’t believe their was any detonation in this saw.
A cooler plug should cause cooler cylinder temperatures. The fouling or lack thereof is a by-product of what is going on inside the cylinder.

In the saw that's here, after 7 or 8 extended cuts, the saw will not turn off via the switch. It's pre igniting, not detonating. The plug tip is glowing red-hot and igniting the fuel on its own for a few seconds until it cools off

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IIRC, some of those balls to the wall build off saws were doing that at Randy’s. Cars did it a lot when fuel went to sh1t in the late 60’s. They called it “run on” or “dieseling” back in the day.
Yep it's the same thing. Seems like it usually happened when the timing was advanced too far or from excessive heat from something.