MS251 Meltdown

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now I think the MS-250 is a better choice than the 251. I really like saws that have been around forever, I remember the 025 for sale when I was a kid. Yeah, I'm weird 'cause I like smaller saws. The sale of the 261 is actually going to bail out some rifles that I owe the gunsmith for.

bogieboy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dude, you're awesome. I had a saw hidden in my apartment and always worried that the landlord would smell it!
The only stuff in my apt is my br600 and my fs130... tells you all you need to know about the kind of landlord i have🤣

The rest lives at work, where it fits right in, being a mechanic at a stihl/lawnmower shop LOL

Now I think the MS-250 is a better choice than the 251. I really like saws that have been around forever, I remember the 025 for sale when I was a kid. Yeah, I'm weird 'cause I like smaller saws. The sale of the 261 is actually going to bail out some rifles that I owe the gunsmith for.
As for the 250.... great farm/ranch/homeowner saw....if you can pull it over... i would rather start my 210psi ported ms661 than a 250.... they have a knack for hitting just a hair early when starting, and will kick back HARD, you really need to fully commit to those saws.... not trying to be mean, but, i try and steer anyone older than about 40 away from a 250, due to its ill tempered starting habits... not sure if you fit that category or not.... it really is a saw that would have greatly benefitted from a compression release, but never got one....

Aside from that, great bulletproof classic design....