Mastermind Meets The Husqvarna 572XP

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed the external transfer covers are there like other 5 series. I wonder if you need to purchase a cylinder kit to get the Oring gasket? Air filter looks impressive, looks like it does what it should. Hope they ditched the air injection.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
9:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So it has the weird passages in the side of the piston like an x-torq. Unfortunate.
So does the 462 piston I believe

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mastermind when you get a chance can you show the av limiter setup if possible please? Also on the 462 as well. If a saw is going to last with tree guys/loggers... it better have good av limiters imho from what I’ve seen working on the tree crew with people being rough on saws.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mastermind when you get a chance can you show the av limiter setup if possible please? Also on the 462 as well. If a saw is going to last with tree guys/loggers... it better have good av limiters imho from what I’ve seen working on the tree crew with people being rough on saws.

I will when I get back to it. Bench is covered with MS261s right now.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not much.......in some cases I've changed the strato timing there. But.....I've not found much gain.

Huh, you'd think you'd need to move strato timing with the exhaust timing and maybe if rpm range changed. I guess that might only make a difference for fuel economy and emissions.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Huh, you'd think you'd need to move strato timing with the exhaust timing and maybe if rpm range changed. I guess that might only make a difference for fuel economy and emissions.
Green lines are on a clear piece of plastic and are the piston edges. The small green line is where the piston would be on intake at bdc.

Top of white paper is against squish.

IMG_3700.JPG