Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I prefer BB Chevys.

:asz:

Like comparing Huskys to Stihls. Those canted valve Chevy's could run strong, but the cross bolted Fords actually finished the 500 !!!!

And in high level drag racing, the SOCH 427 Ford and Chrysler Hemi were the ONLY two motors Ed Pink or Keith Black would build.

The 427 Ford also has the distinction of being the only one to compete and win in the 24 Hours of Lemans. In 1966 3 Ford GT 40s were entered, and they finished 1,2 and 3, kicking Ferrari's butt! Ford originally built em with 289s, but started to win with them when they switched to the 427s.

Sorry for the derail, back to saws!

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Mopar. Just need a deep pocket to build it.

I like chainsaw. I like lamp. Loud (Mopar) NOISES!!

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually we are all showing our age, and living in the past. The Chevrolet LS engine holds the land speed record for the past 6 years, and is capable of more HP per cubic inch than any other design if I'm not mistaken.

Yup, and can be bored/stroked to around 460ci. Pretty easy to make around 1000hp on pump gas, normally aspirated.

AKJonsereds

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I hate to drudge up old threads, but I owe you guys a thank you.

This exact issue showed up on my 2139t after some porting.

I know it is hard to see the good when a porter/chainsaw guy is shown to be dishonest or has undesirable work ethics but I want to take a moment to point out what is right with you guys. I just saved two years of troubleshooting by adjusting my carb with a drill bit. I remember a fix that tree monkey shared for 199 carbs that helped me as well. Masterminds old build threads on AS were the reason I tore into my first saw, a 2159. Srcarr52 helped me build a popup for my 2139t—-something that would have been frowned upon in some circles. Drf256 brought me from the other forum due to a JB weld discussion and the learning hasn’t stopped since.

The information you all share is truly awesome and much appreciated by us non-pro hacks.

Thanks for being a great group of guys.