Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
12:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I suppose I can update this here thread. New woodruff keys came in the day before we left and one was shaved then flywheel was put back on and seemed OK. (I'm betting somebody didin't tighten it good the last time it was apart, (gotta fire that guy). Didn't have time to run it so threw it in and went to the GTG and tried it out there. It refused to tune well and the consensus was the carbeltater isn't quite doing its thing right. Starts out cutting good and then just starts to fade off. Never did try and race it because of this. Will have to get another carbeltater to try out. See what happens in the Chinese parts lottery. Now I could buy a real one, but no sense making sense of this now, what fun would that be if it worked as intended? Lol

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Stump Shot ever get a different carb, or is it just on the back burner?

Pretty much on the back burner, seems just about anything else jumps ahead on the priority list. When the weather gets nice in spring/summer I might get the itch to mess with this thing again.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I suppose I can update this here thread. New woodruff keys came in the day before we left and one was shaved then flywheel was put back on and seemed OK. (I'm betting somebody didin't tighten it good the last time it was apart, (gotta fire that guy). Didn't have time to run it so threw it in and went to the GTG and tried it out there. It refused to tune well and the consensus was the carbeltater isn't quite doing its thing right. Starts out cutting good and then just starts to fade off. Never did try and race it because of this. Will have to get another carbeltater to try out. See what happens in the Chinese parts lottery. Now I could buy a real one, but no sense making sense of this now, what fun would that be if it worked as intended? Lol
Put a OEM carb on it . I've been doing that a lot lately and now there all running like they should and way easier to tune.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have had good luck with the AM 660 carbs, only one needed the metering lever adjusted.

For the 440 kit, I just replace them with the one from D Dave (A Walbro made by ZAMA), very inexpensive and the work just fine for me.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stump Shot so have you played with little china Girl lately?

No, I certainly have not. Seems even when I do have something for myself to do this never makes it high enough on the list to get revised.
Though I do have a plan concocted rolling around in the old dome... :sconf::rolleye::nut::hollering:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, I certainly have not. Seems even when I do have something for myself to do this never makes it high enough on the list to get revised.
Though I do have a plan concocted rolling around in the old dome... :sconf::rolleye::nut::hollering:
Well if you got something going on in that brain pan of you'rs it's got to be something interesting can't wait to see what you come up with.:beer-toast1:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now, now, my best running Asian saws are the 660s (w/Cross p+c and some port work). I mill with them, and none of them have blown up yet!

One of the Asian 440 Big Bores I did for someone did let go … I think they need good oil + ratio. None of mine have let go.

Last edited:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tore the top end of this off to rob the pin for the brake handle, figured it would push me towards starting over with a different top end set up.
And, well... seems like there's a flaw in the slaw with that plan...
IMG_20200527_075439502.jpg
Sure got hot for the little bit it ran. Only made a handful of cuts.
An astute case of the Corona Crank. :confused:

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tore the top end of this off to rob the pin for the brake handle, figured it would push me towards starting over with a different top end set up.
And, well... seems like there's a flaw in the slaw with that plan...
View attachment 243004
Sure got hot for the little bit it ran. Only made a handful of cuts.
An astute case of the Corona Crank. :confused:
Did the Chinese send you a reed cage jug for this build?