stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
9:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like we should keep Bill.
Sometimes I read bills posts and they are hard to decipher if he’s sarcastic or really pouring gas on the fire. There is another that should be gone for the crap pulled to keep their membership active. Bill is the least of our worries.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
10:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bill's cool , he's just as mentally damaged as any of the rest of us and frankly when I have conflict with anyone online or other wise I look at MY part in it.
It's far to easy for me to find fault with others, and way to easy to give myself a pass for stupid sh¡t that I pull.
Looking to spar , give Bill some crap. If not? He's very cordial.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Coming up on memorial day fellas. This is small stuff and yall are some decent folks. Give each other a second chance, because you have the freedom to do so. Some don't get a second chance.
20240326-121128.jpg

I served my country, this post puts perspective in place.

Lions fan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Lions fan I'm fapping one more time on this thread and then signing out. Hats off to you sir for the above post. I read the banter between yinz two guys and let's just say it was very elevated purse swinging. I hope Bill can read this thread for two reasons.
A-See what kind of guy you are.
B-He owes you an apology, and should recognize some things shouldn't of been said.
I don't know or have ever met you. But, for you not to hold it against him says something about your character sir.
I can swing a purse with the best of em'. 😉😉

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is hard to get a feeling about people when you are interpreting the written word. None of us are Hemingway. I took issue with something Bill said and I raised it with him. We dealt with it in an adult way, and we both moved on and learned something from the other. I have no issues with him, no idea about the AD stuff, and don't care. None of us are perfect, so we shouldn't expect others to be either. I say he can stay. Not my decision though.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Nope I haven't honestly. I must have read the three comments in the entire for sale section that were negative. I looked through most in the Whole Chainsaws area and am fine eating crow !! I also realized I have room in the stable for a few more saws after seeing some of what is/has been posted. Lots of nice stuff !!
It’s because we have such a fine community here. You wouldn’t see a thread like this in many forums online. Of course it does mean that any drama that threatens the equilibrium of this forum is taken very seriously. We know how special it is here and will persevere to keep it that way. :thumbsup:

ErnieG

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have no issues here with Bill ...
I've read a lot of his posts and don't always agree with what's said but that's just human nature to not always agree with someone else point of view but that doesn't make them any better or worse then mine!
We did have some words a time back but I don't recall if it was OPE or AS for sure ...I didn't agree with the way he was talking to a fellow member and I simply said I was always taught if you don't have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.
I do belong to quit a few forums and this is one of the best as far as members getting along and helping one another out.
I'm in the keep Bill around club 👍

Ernie

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bill is not great at the Internet. That's all I can contribute. I have my days with this too. He seems to be bad at it the majority of the time though. Take this as you will

I have a trusted friend that does not care for him. He may or may not post up.

Sorry to be so cryptic, I'm just laying it out there through my eyes. A lot of guys have mentioned dealing with him transactionally. There doesn't seem to be much debate on that. I think it's the abrasiveness in banter that pisses people off maybe? Maybe the judgement from his "off-the-field" issues? That stuff is rarely discussed here. Who knows.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bill is not great at the Internet. That's all I can contribute. I have my days with this too. He seems to be bad at it the majority of the time though. Take this as you will

Sorry to be so cryptic, I'm just laying it out there through my eyes. A lot of guys have mentioned dealing with him transactionally. There doesn't seem to be much debate on that. I think it's the abrasiveness in banter that pisses people off maybe? Maybe the judgement from his "off-the-field" issues? That stuff is rarely discussed here. Who knows.
This

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

All input is welcome. And Bill can read this thread, and can comment in it as well.

There was a time in my life when not many people here would have gotten along with me....I was a much different person then. Having a few people be totally honest with me about how I'd treated them in the past really helped me to work on some of my less desirable traits.

There ain't a damn thing wrong with constructive criticism. That's far different thing than just dumping on someone or trying to tear them down.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All input is welcome. And Bill can read this thread, and can comment in it as well.

There was a time in my life when not many people here would have gotten along with me....I was a much different person then. Having a few people be totally honest with me about how I'd treated them in the past really helped me to work on some of my less desirable traits.

There ain't a damn thing wrong with constructive criticism. That's far different thing than just dumping on someone or trying to tear them down.
I beg for feedback at work, from friends, from family. Everyone is so damned sensitive today, how are they ever going to be able to grow?

Catbuster

Roadbuilder Extraordinaire
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As much as I think a lot of his posts here are nonsensical, out there, potentially affected by inebriation, not being good at “the internet” and stubbornness-a lot of this comes from his time on the “other” forum. I struggle to judge a man by posts on the internet, but here have been my observations.

Bill invaded the Forestry & Logging forum on, berating people with politics, religion, and so on. Eventually a lot of us left because we didn’t want to put up with it and even as we rebuked him he just came back for more. Most of “us” didn’t come here, FWIW. I also think there were some left coast blowhards there that were stirring the pot, too.

What sticks out the most to me is when he started over there with some nonsensical thread about how an employer didn’t want something (guns) on their property and someone (his son, if I remember correctly) almost lost a job because of it at a place people make careers where he’s from. He called blamed liberals for it all-much less suggesting the almost-fired take some accountability for their actions.

It didn’t sit well with me. Still doesn’t. It just showed a self-entitled, ignorant worldview that I disagree with as a longtime business owner and employer. I hate the politics/religion stuff, but for whatever reason I felt compelled to call it out.

The guy is always close to, or causing drama. Yada yada. We don’t allow politics here, which is good. We have bigger fish to fry, like the ideal port timing numbers for a 395.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As much as I think a lot of his posts here are nonsensical, out there, potentially affected by inebriation, not being good at “the internet” and stubbornness-a lot of this comes from his time on the “other” forum. I struggle to judge a man by posts on the internet, but here have been my observations.

Bill invaded the Forestry & Logging forum on, berating people with politics, religion, and so on. Eventually a lot of us left because we didn’t want to put up with it and even as we rebuked him he just came back for more. Most of “us” didn’t come here, FWIW. I also think there were some left coast blowhards there that were stirring the pot, too.

What sticks out the most to me is when he started over there with some nonsensical thread about how an employer didn’t want something (guns) on their property and someone (his son, if I remember correctly) almost lost a job because of it at a place people make careers where he’s from. He called blamed liberals for it all-much less suggesting the almost-fired take some accountability for their actions.

It didn’t sit well with me. Still doesn’t. It just showed a self-entitled, ignorant worldview that I disagree with as a longtime business owner and employer. I hate the politics/religion stuff, but for whatever reason I felt compelled to call it out.

The guy is always close to, or causing drama. Yada yada. We don’t allow politics here, which is good. We have bigger fish to fry, like the ideal port timing numbers for a 395.
Political discourse and alcohol. Very bad combination.