High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Let’s Talk 404

el33t

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Searching for things I just stumbled across some info that Stihl is still selling 46RCXK chain. A 404 chipper, ripping chain Link here

So the next question is, does anybody live in a country where this is available? Searching around is only finding me results in Africa and Italy.
Perhaps you would prefer a “regular” Rapid Standard (RC)?

Squish9

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Perhaps you would prefer a “regular” Rapid Standard (RC)?

I can't believe it's still made. I have tried a few times from outside and within the Stihl network and been told countless times it was discontinued. Searching in english was getting me no where.

At least I learnt something new today

Wilhelm

I'm here for the sick'n twisted company
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could scan them for you. I'm not sure if I can make a PDF, I think so, but at least I can make 1200dpi JPEGs (like 50 megapixels)
1200dpi is useless overkill.
Editable OCR PDF is scanned at 600dpi if I am not mistaken.

Most scanning apps support exporting the scanned documents to PDF.
I scan all my annual paperwork into PDF and then dispose of the paper originals.

I have used Foxit a lot, works like a charm - for the most part.
Updates seem to be finicky being followed up by fixes & patches.
But it is a free app.

Wilhelm

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't believe it's still made. I have tried a few times from outside and within the Stihl network and been told countless times it was discontinued. Searching in english was getting me no where.

At least I learnt something new today
So You don't need me to pursue the African/Italian Stihl chain?!

Wilhelm

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Although you are not in Italy or Africa you are closer than the rest of us so I thought you would be a good connection for @Squish9
Honestly, I do not recall having dealings/contact with any active member based in Italy. 🤔

I will drop in at my local Stihl dealer this week anyway, I will give them the part number and enjoy their baffled facial expressions.
I always give them the "never heard of" part numbers! 🤣

Wilhelm

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Random thought:
Multifunctional printers that feature a scanner can be had for dirt cheap since the price of OEM ink cartridges exceeds the cost of a brand new multifunctional printer.

I got gifted two so far, they only serve as scanners.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
7:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly, I do not recall having dealings/contact with any active member based in Italy. 🤔

I will drop in at my local Stihl dealer this week anyway, I will give them the part number and enjoy their baffled facial expressions.

I have dealt with collectors in Italy years ago. The most recent was a guy who sent me a list of around 15 very, very tough to find US saws. Some are not even known to exist. I sent him back prices on a couple I had.

I never heard back

My last contact with anyone in Africa was about 10 days ago. He was a scammer. He wanted me to send him a saw and him pay me later.

Squish9

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I'm going to try the same thing here now that I know it exists and we have part numbers. I'm sure I'll see the same baffled look

el33t

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

For whatever reason, the skip version (RCK/3812) is on Stihl's Serbian website with the price listed.

RC = 3857
RCX = 3858
RCXK = 3895