Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool, literally.

Hopefully You guys will run enough fuel through Your saws to warm up Your surroundings.

Have fun, stay safe - have someone hold Your beer while You operate a chain saw! ;)

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dan, I'd love to get together with you guys, but a long drive both ways and a high of 12 just starts to sound less than fun at my age, so I'm going to pass this time. Wish it were Monday's weather instead!

Hope you guys have a great time.

Lee, so sorry to hear about your truck. Hopefully they replace it with one that is not a lemon and your opinion improves.

I remember having one Ford Explorer that was indestructible, then the next one was almost the opposite. Luckily the Escape has been pretty good (save for one recall that we were aware of prior to the recall). It is a 2010, does a lot of towing as sees a good amount of off road, so I'm kinda impressed it is still doing so well.

Can’t say as I blame you Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What model? 150, 250, 350? Engine? Reason I ask is I would like to know what to avoid.

I think the only new vehicle I would buy would be a Toyota 4Runner... Everything else sucks donkey balls, IMO. Won't touch new GM. Not 100% sure on Ford since I hear mixed news on those. Maybe a Dodge (formerly) Ram would be an option.

Wish I could make the GTG... be nice to meet you Dan.

Not to derail Dans thread but it's 2017 F250 Super Duty extra cab 4x4 6.7 diesel.
Truck was flawless for the first 2500 miles or so. Then I notice this knock and it
is a one cylinder knock. I've taken 2 Ford techs for rides and they both can hear
it. The place I bought it all they do is keep giving me excuse after excuse and pushing
me under the rug. Now it's at another dealer and I haven't heard a word after 10 days
now. During all this my fuel mileage went from just over 17 to 15 and now i'm getting
the famous Ford death wobble when I hit bumps a certain way. Steering wheel comes
right out of your hand and is uncontrollable. This is my forth new Ford truck and the
only one that had no issues is the 2010 with the 6.4. Had a 08 with 6.4 that was a turd
from the first 30 feet I drove it. Then the 1012 they could never fix either. I would never
recommend a Ford to anyone, NEVER.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not to derail Dans thread but it's 2017 F250 Super Duty extra cab 4x4 6.7 diesel.
Truck was flawless for the first 2500 miles or so. Then I notice this knock and it
is a one cylinder knock. I've taken 2 Ford techs for rides and they both can hear
it. The place I bought it all they do is keep giving me excuse after excuse and pushing
me under the rug. Now it's at another dealer and I haven't heard a word after 10 days
now. During all this my fuel mileage went from just over 17 to 15 and now i'm getting
the famous Ford death wobble when I hit bumps a certain way. Steering wheel comes
right out of your hand and is uncontrollable. This is my forth new Ford truck and the
only one that had no issues is the 2010 with the 6.4. Had a 08 with 6.4 that was a turd
from the first 30 feet I drove it. Then the 1012 they could never fix either. I would never

That sucks. Hope you either get a new truck exchanged for that one or insurance does something or whatever... we all know how you buy the best (or what is supposed to be the best) and take damn good care of it too. If it isn't right, you make it right. Hopefully these dweebs listen to you soon. If not... I'd be talking to insurance or the lemon law people... they usually get stuff straightened out at some point.

Even my old Ranger that has been beat to hell and moved heavy loads in a 16 foot tandem isn't complaining... started it up a week ago after it sat for about a month since it didn't have snow tires on it, and it was a frigid -8 degrees... cranked slow but fired up... not one complaint from it.

Shame these companies don't care about their products anymore... get unionized drug addicts working for them, once they get the job, they're in until they quit or die.

I'd expect a hell of a lot better product when it is that expensive. I'd be angry too.

Anyways... back to Dan's GTG thread... who else is going? Fun road trip in this weather... :)

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Starting to dig out some wood...
444e8be27e1b5eaef7c48ac03bf4956e.jpg
38756a67a8d33f673b282a218d0f6ffb.jpg

Took me a couple hours to get the mini running, had to break out the salamander.
It’ll sleep in the garage tonight.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I have a '96 F250 460 that hasn't given me too much of a hard time. Only Ford I've ever owned. Like to watch the gas gauge go from full to empty on a trip to town!!! ;)

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Frozen New England hardwood should test your saws and chains. Should be lots of fun! Tell Yulia hi.

I haven’t owned any Fords, but my parents had. In the mid 80’s my dad bought a thunderbird. I was too young to remember, but he told me that it barely made it 3 years before it had so many problems he sold it. He got a replacement T-bird and I guess it wasn’t much better. He swore off Fords for a while and switched to Buick (station wagon), Toyota (2x Cressida sedans), and Chevy. Then in the late 90’s we needed a new family hauler and bought a ford Windstar minivan. Everything went wrong with the car including the engine dying at 70k. Warranty covered replacement, but the replacement went at 110k. Car had so much else wrong with it at that point that it was dumped. He also had started a lease on a Ford Expedition. Not sure what was wrong with the Expedition, mostly electrical I think, but after he was done with the lease he swore off Fords for good. He switched to BMW and Subaru. He’s now taking issue with BMW.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why you gotta live so far away? Lol.
Looks like lots of wood to play around in. I hope you guys have a great time. (And don't freeze)

Hell the wind is whipping, it’s 10 degrees, and I’m having a blast all by myself! Lol. Yulyia just shook her head when I came in the house for a moment and saw my grin.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got a few guys coming over Sunday to cut firewood, sharpen chains, have fun, etc.
It’s going to be a high of 10 degrees with windchill as low as 25 below! At least the Garage has heat...
Anyone who wants to come is welcome.
So far it’s
@huskyboy and dad
@Mattyo
@Boozer

@ tree life is trying to arrange things.

I’m sitting with Jason waiting for our monthly haircuts.

I’m not even going out to the barn today.

Next time !!

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m sitting with Jason waiting for our monthly haircuts.

I’m not even going out to the barn today.

Next time !!

I’m out of firewood, I’d be out there anyhow. I’ve been focusing on my kitchen.
Mason wanted to come so I figured make a day of it, anyone who wants to can come.