Kiwi chit chat

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got an email from Terry at chainsaw partsworld and he's sending out parts in level 4 if you need them.
Do you have his number . I'm looking for a solo 651 sp cylinder and rings but not having much luck at moment

raumati01

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just checked with SES and they will process your orders ready to send out as soon as we get to level 3 .

I guess we have a couple more weeks of being locked down

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just checked with SES and they will process your orders ready to send out as soon as we get to level 3 .

I guess we have a couple more weeks of being locked down
Unfortunately I think its only just starting. I hope I'm wrong but I expect these lockdowns to go on for a while . Thankfully firewood is an essential service so I'm still able to do that.

Rednecksawboi

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is anyone keen on an 090? Was 070, I converted with new genuine barrel and piston, put on 6 piece clutch and new springs.
Runs nice, keeps getting pulled off trademe when I sell it as a mill even tho there's som guy selling Chinese 070 powered mills
I'm on 021 221 5904 20210812_170343.jpg

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@markds2 - how lockdown treating you? No doubt you've got a clean workshop bench keeping your eyes peeled for another project to sink your teeth into
How you doing Julian? I've been at work mostly - we're open as servicing Essential Services - aged and healthcare kitchens etc. Good time to catch my breath and get some jobs that have been waiting a long time - planning etc.

But, I have been catching up in the workshop over the weekend and in the evenings etc. Rebuilt a seized MS261 last week for a friend in Westport, built an early slant fin 12mm 044 over the weekend and tested it - sending that up to a friend in Hamilton, rebuilt a seized MS661C for a friend in Blenheim - sending that back today and I've just finished stripping down, cleaning out and reassembling another nearly new MS661C that went through the floods in Westport - luckily all that needed replacing was the clutch drum and bearing. Stripped down and assessed a blown MS461 last night and got a list of parts needed together, now I just need to wait for them to come and I'll be free of bench jobs! I seriously need to go and cut wood, I'd taken on far too much workshop stuff which has limited my time cutting wood. Fortunately, the farm where I normally cut wood is letting me go there during L4 so hopefully later this week....

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is anyone keen on an 090? Was 070, I converted with new genuine barrel and piston, put on 6 piece clutch and new springs.
Runs nice, keeps getting pulled off trademe when I sell it as a mill even tho there's som guy selling Chinese 070 powered mills
I'm on 021 221 5904 View attachment 306550
How you doing Carl? Any success on Facebook?

raumati01

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How you doing Julian? I've been at work mostly - we're open as servicing Essential Services - aged and healthcare kitchens etc. Good time to catch my breath and get some jobs that have been waiting a long time - planning etc.

But, I have been catching up in the workshop over the weekend and in the evenings etc. Rebuilt a seized MS261 last week for a friend in Westport, built an early slant fin 12mm 044 over the weekend and tested it - sending that up to a friend in Hamilton, rebuilt a seized MS661C for a friend in Blenheim - sending that back today and I've just finished stripping down, cleaning out and reassembling another nearly new MS661C that went through the floods in Westport - luckily all that needed replacing was the clutch drum and bearing. Stripped down and assessed a blown MS461 last night and got a list of parts needed together, now I just need to wait for them to come and I'll be free of bench jobs! I seriously need to go and cut wood, I'd taken on far too much workshop stuff which has limited my time cutting wood. Fortunately, the farm where I normally cut wood is letting me go there during L4 so hopefully later this week....

Good to hear . As well as finishing of my deck and refinishing some furniture I’ve rebuilt a 288 from that pile of saws I bought and am about to rebuild my first husky 390 . Also need to finish my 353 .

what are the rest of you doing?

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good to hear . As well as finishing of my deck and refinishing some furniture I’ve rebuilt a 288 from that pile of saws I bought and am about to rebuild my first husky 390 . Also need to finish my 353 .

what are the rest of you doing?
keeping the kids outa the Mrs way as much as possible. I'm back in to work Friday but maybe, just maybe i'll make a start on one of those H350's.

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
keeping the kids outa the Mrs way as much as possible. I'm back in to work Friday but maybe, just maybe i'll make a start on one of those H350's.
I've been doing a different type of sawing today about 6 hours of it

Attachments

• 20210824_114023.jpg
    20210824_114023.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 21

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had a similar contraption growing up but it was 3 point linkage with a flat belt drive on a DB900. Manuka dicing weapons ay.
I wish I could get Manuka but having to settle for gum at the moment . That engine was my grand father's and still goes beautifully. came into auckland in 1938 I'm told