High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Jonsered 2159 - My Sons First Rebuild. She Lives!!!

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did some muffler work for Austin yesterday while we wait for the carb kit. We ended up slapping on a 199 I had sitting around, no joy. Stopped in at my dealer yesterday and he said the kit should be in today, it didn’t actually get ordered until this past Monday...little frustrated since I placed my order the week prior to that. It happens.

Didn’t turn out too bad for a hack with a flux core mig. Austin wanted this pipe style instead of one of my deflectors.

View attachment 123156

Kept the profile nice and low to keep clear of everything around it. There is a BIG hole under the deflector, and it’s behind the divider in the muffler. She’ll breath nice.

View attachment 123157
I really like that idea.....no need to mess with the cat/plate in the muffler this way.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
10:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This thread is cool :) not many of my generation are into this kind of mechanical stuff in general or even physical labor. No one wants to get there hands dirty anymore...

I lucked out in that. Austin has always loved wrenching on things...sometimes the wrong things in dads garage. Lol! He’s getting better with the physical labor but still requires a motivational dad boot to get moving and put forth honest effort.

Filing that idea away for deflectors. I like the look.

I like the look of the slant cut pipe too. Did that on a friends 371 over the winter and wanted to keep it for my Saw lol

NYH1

Tactical Chainsaw Operator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I lucked out in that. Austin has always loved wrenching on things...sometimes the wrong things in dads garage. Lol! He’s getting better with the physical labor but still requires a motivational dad boot to get moving and put forth honest effort.
We got lucky with our son too. He's not afraid to work. I bought a zero turn a few years back, if I mow our yard he gets mad because he wants to do it. Got a Ram 2500 with a 8.5' Fisher V-plow, he usually plows our driveway with his four wheeler. He'll cut wood, work around the house, pretty much whatever....if only I could get him to bring the damn trash cans in from the road! :thinking:

NYH1.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We got lucky with our son too. He's not afraid to work. I bought a zero turn a few years back, if I mow our yard he gets mad because he wants to do it. Got a Ram 2500 with a 8.5' Fisher V-plow, he usually plows our driveway with his four wheeler. He'll cut wood, work around the house, pretty much whatever....if only I could get him to bring the damn trash cans in from the road! :thinking:

NYH1.
Lol! There’s always something isn’t there? I wish Austin would apply himself in school the way he applies himself in the barn, he would have a 100 average. Sadly that’s not the case, he’s getting there but it’s an uphill battle that you can guarantee we’re not giving up on.

NYH1

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol! There’s always something isn’t there? I wish Austin would apply himself in school the way he applies himself in the barn, he would have a 100 average. Sadly that’s not the case, he’s getting there but it’s an uphill battle that you can guarantee we’re not giving up on.
Yeah, I wasn't talking about school. That's about the same as bring in the trash cans....maybe even worse!

Take after me there, I hated school. My wife's the brains of this operation. Every time she talks to him about school he tells her "mom, you don't need to be book learnt to be smirt".

How'd the boys saw run??

NYH1.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At long last here’s a video of Austin’s first cuts with his rebuilt 2159. The only things I helped him with were assembling the cases and the carb rebuild. Very proud of the work he did and of his patience while we waited for what felt like a year for the carb kit to arrive.

We still have some tuning to do, it’s pig rich which is how I like to run them on the first cuts. I’ll turn it up a little after the first tank.

Austin has been enjoying reading this thread as we’ve gone through everything. Future OPE addict in the making lol

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
7:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At long last here’s a video of Austin’s first cuts with his rebuilt 2159. The only things I helped him with were assembling the cases and the carb rebuild. Very proud of the work he did and of his patience while we waited for what felt like a year for the carb kit to arrive.

We still have some tuning to do, it’s pig rich which is how I like to run them on the first cuts. I’ll turn it up a little after the first tank.

Austin has been enjoying reading this thread as we’ve gone through everything. Future OPE addict in the making lol

The saw looks great, and you can't beat the big smile on his face. Oh and it's not for sale dad lol.

NYH1

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag